- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Capstone IT is hiring an IT Program Manager to lead and manage a cross-functional team that will be focused on implementing the processes, functionality, and governance required to support Product Development initiatives. This role will be responsible for the coordinated management of multiple related projects which make up the program.
The Program Manager will work with constituent Project Managers (for the execution of their project and its impact on the program) to monitor cost, schedule, and technical performance of component projects and operations, while working to ensure the ultimate success of the program. This role is responsible for the overall planning, tracking, implementation, validation, and success of the Program.
****No C2C, Sponsorships, or Third Parties
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads development of the Program charter, governance structure, communications, roadmap (inclusive of sub-projects and dependencies), timelines and reporting metrics.
• Align deliverables of individual workstreams and projects to the overall goal of the program.
• Communicate the Program goals, roadmap and timelines to the project managers and ensure that individual project goals align with the program strategy.
• Bridge communication between the stakeholders; Track, manage, and document progress on all milestones, to include milestones related to compliance testing, training, documentation, etc.
• Develops and delivers program status reports. Determines the frequency and content of project status reports from the project team(s), analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas to keep all projects on set timeline to control program timing and status.
• Report to Senior Executives and Program Sponsor on the progress of the individual projects, key milestones, and associated risks for the overall program.
• Manages program change control, decisions, risks, issues, assumptions, and mitigation planning.
• Leads the program to ensure that individual project initiation requests are fulfilled and works with resources across the enterprise, as needed, to assist with project definition, management, and execution.
• Collaborates with Executive Sponsors and Accountable Stakeholders to document proposed benefits and defined measurements for success, as part of the Program Charter development process.
• Creates monthly program/project dashboard and leads report out to Executive team on status of approved programs/projects.
• Elevates culture of innovation and continuous improvement through best practice sharing, vocal, advocacy and visible hand-on leadership.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Consults and provides guidance in determining program solution. Guides team through buy vs. build options, hosting options and RFI/RFP processes when necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related discipline.
• Additional years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
• Requires eight years of project management experience, plus three years of program management experience, working with cross-functional teams and staff of all levels.
• PMP certification preferred.
• Requires experience with project management methodologies (e.g., PMBOK).
• Requires knowledge of agile methodology and scrum framework with experience creating a single program plan from various inputs.
• Requires proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Visio, MS Teams and SharePoint
• Requires strong leadership skills to coordinate and motivate project teams.
• Must be adept at financial management to administer budgets across multiple projects and ensure the program meets its requirements for return on investment.
Reporting Relationships and Contacts: Reports to the PMO Manager. Contacts include management at all levels, employees from various departments as subject matter experts, consultants, and vendors.
AddressOverland Park, KS
BusinessView all jobs at Capstone IT
Get fresh Operations Program Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.