Capsa Healthcare…come join our growing team of professionals passionate about the delivery of modern healthcare.
Capsa is a market leader whose team members continuously strive to deliver reliable, cutting-edge health IT and medication management solutions to customers worldwide.
We are seeking a talented Senior Software Development Engineer to add to our engineering team and help build a positive service and support experience for our internal and external customers. In this role, you will be part of a team of software engineers working to develop new software products, create application-based alterations, special products and unique solutions to meet the needs of Capsa's customers. Projects can be small to large in scope and may be based with domestic and foreign suppliers. Included in software development will be project management, including proposal generation, budget preparation or input, developing project timelines and managing projects, as well as administering project phase gate reviews.
This position will be located at Capsa’s Portland, Oregon facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Works as part of a dynamic software team to support multi-generation software product platforms to maintain relevant, compliant software products with all computing devices and operating systems
- Develop new software products using modern development tools (.NET, C#, etc.)
- Manage software projects; including software specification, UI design, testing/approval
- Troubleshoot existing software products to identify bugs as well as remedy
- Work alongside Field Service to diagnose software installation and/or performance issues and maintain a solid record of any needs
- Application testing; including basic validation and regression testing
- Support software implementation, deployment and support activities
- Ability to solve problems independently and manage the workload of multiple projects and tasks
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Proven ability to work through software deployment, support and training
- Strong hands-on aptitude to learn new products and technologies and clearly communicate with customers verbally and in writing
- Developing web and windows applications using Microsoft .Net technologies
- Object Oriented Programming Concepts
- Microsoft .NET Framework and C#
- ASP.Net, HTML5 and MVC
- Service Oriented Architecture, Web Services and WCF
- WPF or Winform
- SQL Server database component development and management
- Azure, Entity Framework, ADO.Net, LINQ
- VB.NET, VB6 and Java software familiarity
- Angular and/or React
- Software architecture design
- Software project management experience
- Software specification experience
- User Interface/User Experience design experience
- Software validation and regression testing
- Software implementation / launch experience
Capsa Healthcare offers an exciting growth opportunity and provides a solid pay and benefits package which includes paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) with matching contributions, life insurance, and long-term and short-term disability insurance.
Capsa is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/Vets/Disabled