Capsa Healthcare…come join our growing team of professionals passionate about the delivery of modern healthcare.
Capsa is a market leader whose team members continuously strive to deliver reliable, cutting-edge health IT and medication management solutions to customers worldwide.
We are seeking a full-time Software QA Engineer to develop and execute manual and automated tests to ensure product quality. This role is important in the design and development of Capsa’s products. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests for each product release (major, minor, hotfixes). If you enjoy the software development process and the role of software verification, we would like to talk with you.
This position will be located at Capsa's Portland, Oregon facility.
As a Software QA Engineer, you will contribute to the team by performing the following duties (other special projects may also be assigned):
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using automation tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough functional/blackbox and regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet product needs
- Work with internal teams (e.g., engineers, other team members and product management) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics
- Stay current with testing tools and strategies and recommend improvements
What we ask of you:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven work experience in software development and quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Automation of test scripts and testing with UI (Web/Browser, Desktop/Touch UI)
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Strong team skills and the ability to work effectively with internal and external groups
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, time management skills with attention to detail and accuracy
Capsa Healthcare offers an exciting growth opportunity to those who are passionate about the industry and their career development. You will also enjoy a solid compensation package, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) with company match
- Company-paid Life, AD&D and Long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary Short-term disability, Supplemental Life, AD&D, Accidental Injury and Hospital Indemnity insurance
Capsa is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/Vets/Disabled.