Capsa Healthcare....come join our growing team of professionals passionate about the delivery of modern healthcare.
Capsa is a market leader whose team members continuously strive to deliver reliable, cutting-edge health IT and medication management to customers worldwide.
We are seeking a talented Electrical Engineer to add to our engineering team and help build a positive service experience for our internal and external customers. At Capsa our Electrical Engineering team designs and builds embedded systems that form the core of our most important products. Hardware design and testing is about 1/3 of the activity, with firmware development and testing the remainder. It is a quick moving environment with lots of projects and lots of creativity.
This position will be located at Capsa's New Portland, Oregon facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Design and troubleshoot all aspects of Analog and Digital circuits for an embedded system
- Use CAD software for schematic capture and PCB layout
- Integrate products using USB/serial or wireless methods to computer systems for control and monitoring
- Design products to comply with EMC regulations as well as coordinate and conduct EMC testing
- Develop product specifications and test plans for electrical and electromechanical assemblies
- Conduct research, test concepts, and create technology briefs
- Interact with Industrial Design and Mechanical Engineers to develop complex electromechanical assemblies
- Identify process improvements to eliminate defects and waste
- First article review and approval of components for manufacturing approval
- Ongoing design improvement, component consolidation and cost reductions of existing product lines
Required Education and Experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Firmware experience using C
- Experience using basic communication interfaces such as UART, I2C, SPI, CAN, USB and similar
- Hardware experience with schematic and PCB layout design
- Experience troubleshooting/testing both hardware and firmware using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, programmable supplies, and programmable loads
- Schematic and PCB layout design using Altium Designer
- Firmware development with PIC, AVR, Freescale or similar platform using C
- Create schematic, layout and firmware from PCB specification document
- Developing PCB specifications
- Developing test specifications for PCBs
- Hand soldering PCBs and PCB rework
- Developing automated tests for PCBs
- Designs using DC motors and solenoids
Capsa Healthcare offers an exciting growth opportunity and provides a solid pay and benefits package which includes paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) with matching contributions, life insurance, and long-term and short-term disability insurance.
Capsa is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/Vets/Disabled