- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
About the Company
Cappelli Miles is a full-service advertising agency based in the beautiful Willamette Valley, Oregon. The agency has been around for four decades, but with new ownership and a passionate, dedicated team - we believe we’re just getting started. Located right in the heart of Eugene, OR in a rad 1920s house, we specialize in creating TV, Radio and Digital ad campaigns for a wide variety of clients throughout the Pacific Northwest, from big retailers to boutique hotels. We tend to challenge ourselves to go above-and-beyond, delivering only the best work to our clients regardless of the scope. Whether we’re creating an all-original musical for a car dealership or putting people on the surface of the moon for a local mattress company… no job is too small for a fresh dose of our creative energy.
Cappelli Miles is proud to be headquartered in Eugene, where an hour drive to the west gets you to the beautiful Oregon coast, and an hour drive to the East brings you to the cool, lush mountains. If you’ve been in a big city for a while and you’re looking for a change of pace, look no further than Eugene. With a great food culture and a plethora of parks, biking, and nearby outdoor adventures, Eugene is a great place to live where you can still afford a decent house and where there’s always a place to park your car! And with Portland just two hours away, it offers convenient access to all of the best parts of Oregon.
About the role
Cappelli Miles is looking for an excited, passionate, and creative Video Producer to join our team starting as soon as possible. Ideally, you have an incredible eye for detail, an intuitive eye for film production, an intermediate understanding of motion graphics techniques, and mastery of the latest video/audio editing software. Your involvement will include working behind the camera and taking the lead on film shoots, editing footage, and producing eye-catching motion graphics for our clients. Bonus if you’re familiar with working in a 3D animation pipeline, though it is not required. Our campaigns will span a variety of mediums and types, including animated spots, social videos, product exposés, and live-action shoots. You will have a fundamental understanding of the video production workflow, including pre-production, filming, and post-production, and will be able to assist or lead a team in on-location shoots. You should know your way around a camera and feel comfortable lighting a scene for an interview and setting up audio for recording. You don’t mind wearing many hats and will adapt quickly to the needs of our small team, while offering creative solutions and be highly collaborative in every stage of the process. You don’t mind constructive feedback and are a team-player. You are ready for a change of pace and love working with a small and dedicated group.
Your day-to-day work will involve
· Editing/Post-Production for all of our clients Tradition Media commercial spots
· Working alongside our Creative Director and Art Director to fulfill the requirements of each campaign
· Developing eye-catching video posts for social media with the Social Media Director
· Lead or assist with on-location film shoots in a variety of environments
· Design and edit video pieces that promote the company and its interests
· QA and review of final output and source files for TV/Digital/Radio before delivering assets to the Production Manager and Account Executives
· Staying current with production tools and technology advancements in order to always push the envelope
Things we consider important for this role
· BA/BS in Motion, Graphic Design, or a related field. (Degrees aren’t everything, we’ll be looking at your portfolio first!)
· 1-3 years of experience producing videos for a production company or advertising agency.
· A reel/portfolio of commercial and personal work demonstrating a knowledge of filming, editing, and motion graphics work produced for client-oriented projects.
· Proficient in After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator and Photoshop.
· Understanding of when to build a project from scratch and when to purchase a template or asset pack
· Ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure with careful attention to detail.
Things that’d be great for you to know but not required
· Familiarity with Sony cameras (Sony A7 and Sony FS5) and professional cinema lenses
· How to edit and produce videos in Davinci Resolve
· Basic or intermediate familiarity with Blender (a 3D animation program)
Think this sounds like you? We’d love to talk and get to know you more. We’re looking for passionate, excited, and creative individuals, so even if you don’t check off all the boxes, we encourage you to apply. We’re primarily looking for someone who is already in the Pacific Northwest (based on our need to fill the position in the Eugene based office, ASAP) but we’re open to exploring beyond to make sure we find that right fit.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Cappelli Miles