Project Manager for Residential Construction
- Posted: over a month ago
We seek a motivated mid-career professional with a strong technical background in architecture, construction, and project management. This is a newly developed role that will oversee the execution phase of multiple new single family homes.
The Project Manager will act as the primary liaison between the design and construction teams. Responsibilities will include monitoring and tracking of construction field work, scheduling, budgeting, and troubleshooting. The position also includes review and markup of plans, shop drawings, submittals, inspection reports, and payment applications.
Caplow|Manzano is a boutique green design & development firm based in Miami. Our current focus is a series of single-family residences that push the envelope of ecological design. Our goal is to build the city of the future, with particular relevance in the urban tropics.
Central features of our work include elevating for sea-level rise, maximizing solar power, targeting net zero energy, and deploying a range of voidless construction systems to manage indoor air quality. Our designs are LEED platinum and WELL compatible.
Here at Caplow | Manzano, we celebrate life and diverse interests. We are creators, sailors, hikers, and animal lovers who are interested in sustainability and the future of South Florida. We offer an open-minded and collaborative workspace. Located in the Mayfair, we are steps away from the best local restaurants and shops in the heart of The Grove (we even have trained baristas on staff!). Caplow | Manzano is also committed to the continued development of its team through the support of academic and professional endeavors.
- Coordinate with contractors, subcontractors, engineers, architects, and equipment vendors around project implementation over a 12-24 month timeframe on several residential developments;
- Review plans, shop drawings, submittals, and specifications;
- Review and analyze payment applications;
- Understand building and zoning codes and restrictions;
- Identify cost barriers to implementation, propose alternatives, and review budgets;
- Prepare, review and edit relevant documents (letters, research summaries, meeting agendas, etc);
- Coordinate and contribute to collaborative, leading-edge designs.
Desired Skill Set
- Background and education in architecture, construction management, engineering, development, or other relevant fields;
- Familiarity with Revit, SketchUp, Bluebeam (or similar)
- Proficiency in Excel and project management software
- Passion for ecology, sustainability, and design;
- High accuracy and attention to detail;
- Tenacity, problem solving skills, ability to go the extra mile;
- Judgment, and maturity;
- Strong communication skills; sense of humor; poise under pressure.
Applicants are asked to send a brief letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree in architecture, construction management, engineering, or similar
- Minimum of 4 years work experience (beyond school).
Salary $60,000 to $80,000 based on experience. Health plan and PTO offered after trial period. Offices in Coconut Grove; position is full time and in-person (covid protocols in place). Opportunities for advancement into higher roles over time. EOE.
AddressCoconut Grove, FL
ConstructionView all jobs at Caplow Manzano