Vice President of Finance
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Vice President of Finance
Full-time 12-month, Exempt Position
Capitol Technology University, a nonprofit private university located in Laurel, Maryland, is accepting applications for the position of Vice President for Finance (VPF). Reporting directly to the President, the VPF oversees and provides strategic vision and leadership for all financial services. Overseeing the University's endowment of $6 million and an annual operating budget of $20 million, the VPF is responsible for debt management, budget, financial accounting, and investments. The VPF provides reports as requested by the President for internal purposes, as well as regular financial reports that are presented to the University’s Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees. The VPF will be expected to provide hands on, accountable leadership to a Business Office staff of 3, whose operation includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, payroll, general ledger, financial reporting, cash management, federal grant accounting, contract accounting, record archival, and other federal/state reporting, The successful candidate will be an accomplished financial leader with a record of success and experience in fiscal management. He/She should also possess excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated characteristics of collaborative leadership; and qualities that will facilitate and strengthen relationships with both internal and external constituencies. The VPF is an important university wide leadership position that is expected to function independently at a strategic level actively participating as a team member supporting the success of the university which ultimately supports the university’s focus of providing high quality industry in demand career focused education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for university finances, and Business Office;
- Conducts financial analyses, prepares reports and presents financial information to the Executive Council and Board of Trustees;
- Develops university budgets, with executive team input, and maintains accountability, with the President and Board of Trustees;
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of an internal control system to prevent and detect fraud and safeguard institutional resources;
- Provides financial guidance to the executive team in allocating resources to build the organization;
- Has authority to review and authorize all capital acquisitions and leases;
- Manages relationships with external service providers for banking, audit;
- Supervises and assists the university’s Business Office operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, payroll, general ledger, financial reporting, cash management, federal grant accounting, contract accounting, tax, audit, and other federal/state regulatory reports.
REQUIRED SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Expertise in budget development and implementation, and with a wide variety of financial management skills including ratio analysis, debt management, endowment and investments, financial modeling and grants management;
- Ability to present complex financial information into lay terms and to effectively articulate the university's financial vision, strengths, goals, and requirements to a wide range of audiences, both internal and external;
- Ability to provide critical, conceptual, and strategic thinking to important financial, academic, and administrative issues;
- Experience with developing, implementing and monitoring financial controls;
- A track record of innovation in developing progressive business policies and practices;
- The ability to function in a complex, high demand environment, managing multiple priorities simultaneously;
- Demonstrated ability to use technology to develop business process efficiencies;
- Working knowledge of contracting and capital project budgeting and planning;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Successful experience managing a staff that includes accounting and financial operations;
- Experience supervising departments and personnel to include hiring, goal setting, and performance management;
- The highest standards for personal and professional excellence and unquestionable integrity.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field; CPA, CMA or an advanced degree in Accounting preferred;
- At least five years of experience as a proven senior executive in a higher education, foundation, not for profit, or business organization of similar size and complexity;
- Experience with Jenzabar, Infomaker and ADP Systems preferred.
Capitol Technology University
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Capitol Technology University