- Over a month ago
Capitol Technology University, a small, private, nonprofit university located in Laurel, Maryland seeks a General Maintenance Worker/ Landscaper for a full time position beginning immediately. This position requires the ability to work in a number of campus areas including landscaping, light construction (interior and exterior), setup and breakdown of University special events. The ideal candidate will live close to campus. Position reports to the Director of Facilities.
- Performs minor building, HVAC, plumbing, drywall, electrical, carpentry, appliance and painting repairs
- Landscaping to maintain overall campus appearance including leaf removal, snow removal, lawn care, planting and mulching
- Implements preventative maintenance
- Interior/exterior lighting replacement
- Assistance with setup/breakdown for University special events
- Respond to work orders in a timely manner. Sign off on completed work orders.
- Respond to after hours and weekend calls on a rotating schedule
- Operate all University equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Report any campus maintenance issues to the Director of Facilities
- Required to work some evenings, weekends, and possibly a change of shift. Especially when weather stars to turn
POSITION SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 1 - 3 years’ facility maintenance experience
- Basic knowledge in use of all hand and power tools
- Skilled in plumbing, electrical, drywall, plaster, painting, and carpentry
- Ability to use mechanical equipment such as utility vehicle, zero turn mowers, walk behind mowers, string trimmers, back pack blower and snow blowers
- Must have dependable transportation and a Valid Driver’s License, drug test required.
- Must be able to work well with minimal supervision
The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights up to fifty (50) pounds independently, and one hundred (100) pounds with assistance. Ability to physically access exterior and interior parts of the building, able to climb a ladder, and access small crawlspaces. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate tools and equipment. Sensory capability to detect odors and hear sounds necessary to detect, diagnose, and repair equipment. Periodic exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
Capitol Technology University
Real EstateView all jobs at Capitol Technology University
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?