We are seeking aspiring Special Education Teachers to become a part of our growing team!
At Capitol Schools you will have the opportunity to teach in a personalized instructional environment, work with students and/or parents to determine and evaluate the student’s academic plan, manage and provide services according to the student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP). Come join a fast-growing company and a recognized leader in education innovation. We Offer comprehensive and flexible benefits, Professional Development Programs and Career Growth Opportunities.
Note, this list is illustrative only and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of tasks performed by this classification.
- Plan, organize and implement daily lessons in accordance with the approved curriculum
- Conduct pre and post-assessments using standardized assessments for each student
- As a part of a team, write and implement goals as outlined in each student's IEP
- Implement Capitol’s unique school wide behavior management program
- Demonstrate competency in all subject areas
- Provide direct, small group, and one on one instruction
- Provide academic assessments
- Participate in IEP meetings
- Meet special education timeline requirements as specified by education code
- Meet Capitol Schools timeline requirements
- Participate in trainings, school events, and meetings
- Maintain documentation of communications with students, families, and other services providers
- Maintain documentation of daily activities
- Complete reports and forms as required
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Qualification, Job Experience, Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Valid California Education Specialist Instruction Credential (Mild-Moderate) or (Moderate-Severe)
- Eligible to obtain Education Specialist Internship Credential (Mild-Moderate) or (Moderate-Severe)
- BA with a completed CBEST (Eligible for teacher in training program)
- English Language and Autism Authorizations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, in addition to a variety of educational software programs
- Knowledge of Special Education Program guidelines
- Excellent reading and writing Skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to meet required Program deadlines
- Ability to work with a diverse student population
- Ability to work in a team environment
Capitol Schools is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is family/medical leave compliant. Due to the volume of applications received, not all qualified applicants will be contacted. Selected candidates will be required to complete and clear a Live Scan, background/reference check, and Tuberculosis test.
Benefits and compensation
We are committed to providing quality and affordable benefits to our employees. We offer a comprehensive and flexible benefits program designed to meet the changing needs of our employees and their families.
- 401(K) Retirement Plan with a generous employer match
- Supplemental Coverage: Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Short-Term Disability
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Education Assistance Program