Capitol Digital & Califorensics is seeking an exceptional Northern California-based digital forensics professional to support the growth of our digital forensics division, Califorensics. This individual will conduct forensic examinations of computers, networks, mobile devices, and other digital media in support of our clients’ civil, criminal, or internal investigations. General duties include executing complex collections and investigations, writing reports, providing expert witness testimony, and playing an active role in business development.
The ideal candidate is extremely self-motivated and thrives in a collegial team environment. This candidate will be equally comfortable tackling a complex technical problem in a case, delivering an educational presentation, or supervising and developing less experienced examiners. Califorensics places a strong emphasis on both internal and external training and professional development, and the ideal candidate will endeavor to be state-of-the-art and a thought leader in the industry. This role is in a high-growth division with significant opportunities for advancement.
Compensation and benefits are competitive and salary ranges for the role will be provided to candidates who apply.
- Participate in cases from initial client contact through to conclusion:
- Conduct collections and investigations
- Coordinate with other examiners working on the case
- Liaise with clients
- Create reports and other client deliverables
- Provide testimony as required
- Participate in business development activities:
- Participate in educational speaking engagements, such as MCLEs
- Meet with clients or prospective clients
- Contribute to expert-driven marketing collateral, such as case studies and white papers
- Train and develop less experienced examiners.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
- 5+ years of direct experience in digital forensics.
- Ability to collect from all common devices including computers, phones, and cloud.
- Expertise with one or more major forensic analysis software suites, such as FTK or EnCase.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Significant experience supporting civil litigation
- Experience in the related fields of E-Discovery or Incident Response/Cybersecurity