Now Hiring a Customer Focused, Career Minded Individual to Join Our Dynamic Sales Team in New Orleans!
Why is it AWESOME to work at Capitol City Produce?
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance - Life, Accident, Cancer, and Short Term Disability
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Employer Matching Contributions
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Weekly Pay
- Employee Training and Development
- On Site Safety Manager
- Safe, Drug Free Workplace
As a member of our family owned business, the Sales Representative is responsible for achieving maximum sales profitability and market penetration in an assigned area. Must be able to develop and maintain positive business relationships with a diverse network of customers. Maintains practical working knowledge of Capitol City Produce’s complete product line, continually researches territory to identify opportunities and risks, monitors and understands the competition’s presence in the market.
Attends community and industry functions.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Business and/or a minimum of 2 years experience in Sales or Food Service industry.
- Must have reliable transportation and appropriate auto insurance
- A valid driver’s license and no DUI convictions within the past 3 years
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in Google Suite
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Able to frequently lift 25 lbs and occasionally lift 50 lbs
- Able to work a flexible work schedule including Saturday and Sunday
Capitol City Produce is a wholesale produce distributor, located at 1-12 and O'Neal lane in Baton Rouge. We service our customers with fresh fruits and vegetables, local produce, specialty produce, and fresh dairy products. Our delivery area encompasses a 200 miles radius of the Baton Rouge area. We are proud to say that for over 70 years we have remained true to our company’s core values of Customer Service, Quality Products, Respect for the Team, and Integrity.