Now Hiring a Forward Thinking, Highly Motivated Assistant Night Shipping Supervisor for our Baton Rouge Distribution Center!
Why is it AWESOME to work at Capitol City Produce?
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance - Life, Accident, Cancer, and Short Term Disability
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Employer Matching Contributions
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Weekly Pay
- Newly Expanded and Updated Warehouse Facility
- Employee Training and Development
- On Site Safety Manager
- Referral Bonuses
- Secured Access for Entire Facility
- Safe, Drug Free Workplace
As a member of our family owned business, the Assistant Night Shipping Supervisor will work under the direction of the Night Operations Supervisor and is responsible for directing Floor Leads in the coordination of Order Selector activities concerning the receiving, counting, processing, inspecting, replenishing, storing, packing and locating of merchandise. Maintains stock records and schedules. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled. Ensure that the loads are safe, secure and within DOT regulations. Provide day-to-day supervision and leadership. Plans and assigns work; implements policies and procedures; increases subordinates’ skills and capabilities; and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
- Will be responsible for directing all aspects of the night shipping activities to achieve accurate and timely orders for on-time delivery to customers.
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience in warehouse operations and supervision required
- Previous warehouse and distribution experience is preferred
- Able to interpret financial and operational data
- Basic computer skills
- Familiarity with inventory control, OSHA, HACCP and other regulatory requirements
- Ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, communication and employee development skills
- Broad knowledge of warehouse operations, methods and procedures.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which may include weekends, holidays, and overtime. Shift begins at 5:00 p.m. and generally ends by 4:00 a.m but can be extended during busy times.
- Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
Capitol City Produce is a wholesale produce distributor, located at 1-12 and O'Neal lane in Baton Rouge. We service our customers with fresh fruits and vegetables, local produce, specialty produce, and fresh dairy products. Our delivery area encompasses a 200 miles radius of the Baton Rouge area. We are proud to say that for over 70 years we have remained true to our company’s core values of Customer Service, Quality Products, Respect for the Team, and Integrity.