1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Business Analyst - Cafe Analytics
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work.
As a Sr. Business Analyst for Cafe Analytics at Capital One and within the Team ACE (Analysis and Customer Engagement), you will work in a startup environment to apply your project management, analytical, process improvement, and operational skills to growing and improving Capital One's fastest growing, most strategic and innovative business. You will join an agile Pod to develop cafe analytics capabilities and drive customer engagement improvements aligning to our Market Experience strategy and you'll do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards out-of-the-box creative thinking, failing fast, and speed to market. This role supports front and back office operations for Capital One Cafes. Capital One Cafes enable market presence and connection with customers in new and innovative ways. As a Business Analyst at Capital One you will leverage analytic and problem solving skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed analytic solutions and capabilities to tackle business problems and provide meaningful insights.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to synthesize complex data into meaningful analytic insights
- Experience building well-managed solutions and capabilities to enable self-service analytics for data consumers including designing, building and implementing metrics, and dashboards for insights and data visualization
- Strong communication skills both written and oral, including the ability to influence through use of data and presentation
- Clear results orientation displaying focus on achieving both short and long term goals while operating in a fluid environment
- Business Intelligence tool experience (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Experience with SQL querying
- Ability to explore and quickly grasp new technologies to progress varied initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 year of experience in analysis
- MBA or master's Degree in quantitative field such as Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Economics
- 3+ years of experience in financial or business analysis
- 3+ years of experience in people and/or project management
- 1 year of agile experience
- Six Sigma, ASQC or Lean certifications, CCIM, CPA, CMA, CFA