Sr. Associate, Technical Product Manager
- Expired: September 15, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
11 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York, New York
Sr. Associate, Technical Product Manager
Product Management at Capital One is a booming, vibrant craft that requires reimagining the status quo, finding value creation opportunities, and driving innovative and sustainable customer experiences through technology.
We believe our portfolio of businesses and investments in growth and transformation will result in a company with the scale, brand, capabilities, talent, and values to succeed as the digital revolution transforms our society and our industry.
Do you dream of well-designed and intuitive products and customer experiences? Do you want to be the one who introduces change to help tens of millions of customers make smarter financial choices? Do you want to change the way people manage their money? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then product management at Capital One may be a fit for you
In this role, you'll learn the essentials of being a product manager, and we'll invest in you to grow in four key areas:
- Human Centered
- You'll collaborate with tech teams to build comprehensive acceptance criteria, identifying and elevating any need for additional research to define future feature design
- You'll breakdown business epics into features and further into user stories, driving your team towards lowest effort or Minimal Viable Product (MVP) for a valid feature test
- Business Focused
- Demonstrating a growth mindset, you'll effectively use hypothesis-driven assessment of data to ensure your product or feature delivers on real business needs
- You'll own and prioritize feature development roadmaps, ensuring all necessary processes and procedures are followed to manage risk
- Technology Driven
- You'll work autonomously in an agile environment, to conduct research and develop features that utilize new and evolving technology
- You'll collaborate with designers, technologists, data scientists and subject-matter experts to build cutting edge solutions to help customers
- You'll deliver well-managed product platforms for customers by seeking to understand technology trends and architecture strategy
- Transformational Leadership
- By actively participating in horizontal forums, you'll harness a network of trusted relationships among tech teams, designers, key internal stakeholders and partner teams
- You'll articulate a succinct product roadmap to deliver business value and share with with stakeholders, elevating your team's results and becoming a product matter expert
We're looking for an experienced Product Manager that wants to build impactful capabilities. The role will modernize Capital One's financial core, developing and managing platform capabilities for multiple lines of business. The role will define and prioritize capabilities that power and drive innovation for virtually all our financial accounts.
We want you if you are:
- Intellectually Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer. Comfortable with ambiguity, a hunger to learn and a seeker of new challenges
- Communicator & Influencer. You can communicate complex ideas clearly regardless of your audience. Our team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. You always can rally associates to work with you
- Do-er. You're biased toward action, you try things and sometimes you fail. You can get around roadblocks and stay focused on your goals. You're well organized, able to multitask and able to prioritize your work
- Passionate & Customer Focus. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You get a thrill from the journey of building and shipping products, and you have a desire and ability to connect with our external or internal customers to fully understand their needs
- Learner. You have an appetite to learn new things or new technologies all while exhibiting humbleness when the time comes to ask for help
- Team Player. You enjoy working with diverse people and driving the team toward a common goal. You have the ability to put the team before yourself and establish long-lasting relationships
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of product management experience or at least 1 year of experience in product design, agile delivery, business analysis, data science, or software engineering
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering
- 1+ years translating business strategy or analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 1+ years of experience working on core product platforms powering digital experiences
- 1+ years working with cross functional teams as a product owner in an agile development process
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at Capital One
Get fresh Manager Technical jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.