Principal Associate - Digital Marketing Analyst
Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Associate - Digital Marketing Analyst
Capital One's Retail Bank has grown by leaps and bounds in the last few years. The Bank has risen up the league tables in deposits and checking relationships, capitalizing on industry-leading products and a unique challenger brand with superior digital capabilities and distinctive cafes and branches. The demand for digital banking is spiking while Capital One's online checking and savings product offerings are uniquely positioned to meet that need.
Retail Bank's marketing acquisitions strategy, supported by national TV advertising, will continue to be central to our growth as a bank going forward. The Digital Marketing team is focused on leveraging marketing tactics across the digital customer journey to generate new customer relationships with our Checking and Savings customer offerings. Central to those efforts is standing up a robust digital measurement strategy and function to optimize our substantial digital media investments.
That's where you come in - your role will be to shape and influence the Bank's approach to Website analytics, helping build it from the ground up, and develop the key analytical agenda for full funnel marketing including search engine optimization. Ideal candidate is very experienced in site analytical platforms, like Google Analytics, who is equal parts strategic and tactical, helping to craft a future-state while also capable of planning and executing all of the steps needed to get there. You should be able to navigate ambiguous marketing challenges, embrace an increasingly diverse and digital marketplace, answer key analytical questions with autonomy. The ideal candidate will also be well versed in building business cases and conducting economic analysis towards optimizing potential investments.
This role will have a broad scope and high visibility working with our Martech and brand partners - you will have regular opportunities to interact with and influence senior leaders. The role will help you build a fantastic skill set including honed analytical skills, cutting edge digital marketing Subject Matter Expertise, and Marketing Tech experience. The role plays heavily in the intersection between Marketing, Strategy, and Analytics - it will be perfect for those who have interest in seeing how all three come together to drive business growth.
- Analysis: Construct ROI (Return on investment) and Business Case analysis of potential marketing investments for executive leadership. Provide economic analysis, and investment optimization, and strategic recommendations to Director marketing and product leaders with a focus on health of funnel analysis.
- Strategy: Partner with Marketing leaders to develop a strategic long-term roadmap for Retail Bank's digital measurement practice. Evaluate and assess viability of potential tools, partners and operating structure that will allow our digital marketing efforts to scale.
- Marketing: Partner closely with marketing strategists to develop measurement solutions that allow for optimized offers, targeting, and channel strategies that drive accelerated growth in key digital marketing channels.
- Partnership: Collaborate closely with colleagues across the organization including: our media agency, Decision Sciences, Product & Pricing, various teams within Marketing and others to deliver powerful solutions that can help us make better decisions.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- Passion for digital marketing & innovation: Obsession with understanding the role digital plays in full funnel marketing. Comfort driving change through analytical rigor and strategic testing.
- Experience as part of a digital analytics or marketing analytics team: you understand how digital marketing works, how it is optimized, and how it can be measured. You know the lingo and can help grow our digital marketing measurement "muscle." You have a proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics.
- Experience with or within a high-performing, digital native or omni-channel, digitally-focused company. You understand how to design analytical frameworks to better understand how customers are engaging with your brand, identify performance issues, and how to optimize performance to maximize sales.
- Experience with marketing analytics tools and data sources to understand the efficacy of marketing. You've used tools like Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics to measure digital channels & campaigns, and to tell the story of digital performance. You also understand the basics of site and analytics tagging.
- Experience developing and managing a learning agenda - you know how to work with stakeholders to assess business needs, how those needs might be addressed via digital media, and the ability to develop a testing plan against white space opportunities.
- Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Consulting or Agency, or Analysis or Strategy
- At least 3 year of experience in digital or performance marketing
- At least 3 years of digital analytics experience (Google Analytics or Adobe)
- At least 2 year of experience with A/B test design and analysis
- 6+ years of experience in Consulting or Agency, or Analysis or Strategy
- 1+ years of experience in Statistical model building
- 1+ years of experience in SQL querying and familiarity with complex data sets
- 1+ years of experience in Valuations modeling
- 5+ years of experience in digital or performance marketing
- Fundamental understanding of martech tools in Digital Media: programmatic buying via DSPs, audience targeting, DMPs, paid search marketing and social platforms
- Experience working with digital marketing agencies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $118,700 - $135,400 for Principal Associate, Marketing
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website. Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Capital OneMcLean, VA
BusinessView All Capital One Jobs
Get fresh Principal Associate - Digital Marketing Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.