McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Design, Small Business Card
As a manager of design, you'll be coaching UX designers, researchers and content strategists as well as collaborating with product managers, business analysts and technology teams to impact the experiences of over 60 million Spark business credit card customers.
As someone that lives at the intersection of design and business, while constantly anchoring on the needs of the customer, you'll represent a different way of working - human-centered and iterative - by collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to take on our toughest business challenges and define compelling solutions.
A good manager for this team will:
- Drive portfolio prioritization and roadmaps that help define strategy of the desired small business card customer experience
- Build and cultivate a team of designers where you're not solely a lead but a partnering with them in their work and professional growth
- Understand the entire design journey to produce new product and service concepts
- Use visual and tangible storytelling to share discoveries, influence stakeholders and create energy around an idea or an initiative
- Translate data, insights and strategy into concept prototypes and frameworks to communicate a vision
- Provide direction for development, testing and refinement of digital and service prototypes
- Guide your team through development plans to encourage professional and talent growth
- You're a mentor first, designer second. Through active listening, you'll empower the team to be their best selves by bringing out their strengths and identifying their weaknesses to grow.
- You're an advocate for data over opinion.
- You appreciate envisioning the best possible customer experience and will manage those high-level goals to ensure human-centered execution.
- You stay on top of the latest technology trends and are up for the challenge of finding ways to responsibly use those techniques.
- You're curious with a bias toward action and are always seeking new ways to grow.
- You enjoy collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to develop a rich understanding of the human, business and technical perspectives.
- You're comfortable navigating through ambiguous problem spaces in pursuit of clarity and concrete outcomes.
- You use design to communicate complex concepts simplistically and always strive to make things tangible, whether they're conversations, frameworks or ideas.
- You actively seek out ways to elevate others and add to the culture of any team you are a part of.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of managing a design team
- At least 5 years of experience with human-centered design
- Master's Degree in design or business
- 5+ years of experience in design strategy/service design or at least 5 years of experience with User Experience (UX) design
- 5+ years of experience with design thinking tools
- 7+ years of experience with a digital product & services company
- 7+ years of experience in design strategy, UX design or communication design
- Working knowledge of SEO