Credit Analyst/ Underwriter/ Relationship Manager
- $62,696 to $75,000 Yearly
About the Organization
The Momentus Capital branded family of organizations - which includes Capital Impact Partners, CDC Small Business Finance, and Ventures Lending Technologies - is transforming how capital and investments flow into communities to provide people access to the capital and opportunities they deserve. We are working to reinvent traditional financial systems that have failed to address systemic issues of inequality, economic empowerment, and the widening racial wealth gap by offering a continuum of financial, knowledge, and social capital to help local leaders build inclusive and equitable communities and create generational wealth. This includes a comprehensive package of loan products, impact investment opportunities, training and business advising programs, and technology services that advance locally-led solutions. Our suite of products and services, experience, and scope will foster equitable job creation, wealth building, and economic mobility.
The Relationship Manager is responsible for reviewing pre-qualified loan packages and providing analysis to assess risk, confirm the CDC loan product that best meets the needs of the client and determine whether to proceed to loan approval. This position works closely with small business entrepreneurs as well as CDC File Managers and Funding Analysts, aiding in effectively managing the overall loan process that yields loan approvals and fundings. Candidates will work closely on a team with a File Manager to ensure that loan files are complete, that clients are eligible and that credit-worthy prospects are converted into borrowers. Through a blend of sales/customer service skills and accurate and consistent underwriting analysis, this position is instrumental in building success for CDC clients and loan programs.
- Manage client relationships and serve as one of the primary contact points for all loan applicants throughout the process. Incorporating, strong customer service throughout the process to keep clients engaged and motivated.
- Work closely with File Manager to develop a complete loan application package with minimal disruption and inconvenience to clients
- Structure loan according to borrower needs and loan product requirements.
- Review and analyze financial documents for repayment ability and creditworthiness. Reconcile debt schedules and aging reports with balance sheets to determine if the company's financial position can support the proposed debt.
- Promptly decline any loan applications that will not secure approval as early in the loan process as possible. As appropriate, refer declined business owners to CDC Business Advising or other services that may assist them.
- Create comparative spreadsheets using data from tax returns and financial statements, incorporating adjustments as needed for add backs and to reflect the proposed debt service.
- Input applicable data into Ventures loan processing software to prepare a credit memorandum outlining the need for credit and borrower ability to repay the loan.
- The Relationship Manager is responsible for identifying all loan conditions for approval, based on the individual business, borrower, the use of proceeds, location, and other determining factors.
- The narrative must be professional, precise and accurate. Credit memorandums will be reviewed by the Credit Administrator, Loan Committees and Auditors; therefore, strong grammatical and writing skills as well as accurate depictions are required.
Professional Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree. Business, accounting, mathematics or finance related field from a recognized college or university preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in financial analysis, preferably within a lending institution.
- General knowledge of commercial or small business credit, preferably in a mission based or SBA loan department.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and strong experience in MS Excel.
- General computer knowledge and navigation skills.
- Ability to prioritize, effectively manage workload for multiple loan products, remain organized and maintain confidential information.
- Very strong written and grammatical skills.
Capital Impact PartnersSan Diego, CA
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.