Capital-East Region Danielson, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Posted: May 10, 2021
Level: Community College Professional level 18, 12-month, tenure track
Hours: Full-time 35 hours per week
Job Posting #: QVCC 21-07
Closing Date: Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm (EST) on Wednesday, June 9, 2021
742 Upper Maple St, Danielson, CT 06239
Currently, this position is both on-ground and online as we continue to face the challenges of COVID, in the future, without COVID concerns, the schedule will be on ground.
Anticipated Starting Date:
The Systems Librarian performs a range of information technology-based services for the library. These services include integrated library system software, including automated circulation, cataloging, and online public access catalog services, online networked services of external library consortia; design, installation, and maintenance of the library’s website; and library services to distance learning students, including electronic reserves. The position performs the technical work required to facilitate all those services.
Incumbents must possess a proven ability to effectively work with a culturally, linguistically, and ethnically diverse faculty, staff, and student. They are expected to have excellent oral and written communication skills along with strong Information technology literacy skills such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
Master’s degree in Library Science or appropriately related discipline with one (1) year of experience in computer systems, network and software design, development and implementation in a library environment; or a combination of education, training, and experience which would lead to the competencies required for successful performance of the position’s essential duties.
Successful Candidate must have or must possess:
- Experience providing computer systems support to the College’s library.
- Experience in design, installation, and maintenance of web pages and distance learning interfaces.
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware and software, local and wide-area networking, software applications development, and equipment installation and maintenance.
- Advanced knowledge of the application of computer hardware and software systems to the library and academic information uses and installations.
- Experience in installing, operating, troubleshooting, and adapting computer and network equipment and software.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications as stated are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position and by providing appropriate references. Exceptions to the degree requirements may be made for compelling reasons.
- Four (4) years of experience in computer systems, network and software design, development, and implementation in a library environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends in emerging technologies for academic libraries.
- Ability to design and execute analytics and reporting queries in library and educational technology systems to support assessment of workflows, collections, resource use, services, platforms, and outcomes.
- Working knowledge of the Ex Libris Alma/Primo integrated library services platform.
- Knowledge of universal design and demonstrated experience implementing Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting a diverse educational and work environment.
- Experience in an academic setting providing direct service to students and faculty.
Examples of Job Duties:
Under the Director of Library Services, the Systems Librarian is responsible for contributing to the effective and efficient delivery of information technology services to the academic, student, and administrative communities of the College through effective performance in these essential areas: Performing information systems design, installation, operation and maintenance services to contribute to the library’s learning purposes; providing the technical and consultative services needed to support the library’s web site to contribute to effective communication with the College’s various communities and of the library’s services to distance learning students; and providing useful and helpful assistance to library patrons to contribute to the achievement of the library’s learning purposes.
In addition to the accountabilities listed above, the incumbent is required to carry out the essential duties of Attendance and participation at convocation and commencement ceremonies; Service on assigned committees and task forces; Attendance and participation at committee, staff, informational and professional meetings. These may involve attendance at evening or weekend events.
This posting includes qualifications, experience, and skills but is not limited to the full specifications stated in the job description.
Starting Salary: $67,587 approximate annual plus excellent State of CT medical insurance, retirement, and related fringe benefits.
To apply you must submit a cover letter and resume via the QVCC Careers Portal at https://qvcc.edu/employment-opportunities/
Incomplete applications or those submitted after the closing date will not be considered and links to other sources to view resumes are not acceptable.
All employment, if offered, is contingent upon proof of citizenship or employability under the requirement of the Immigration and Control Act (IRCA) and the successful passing of a background check. CSCU is committed to providing a safe campus community. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and, when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Continuing Notice of Nondiscrimination
CSCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disability, learning disability or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Nicholas D'Agostino Manager of Affirmative Action, Diversity, and Inclusion Ndagostino@commnet.edu
CSCC IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F.
Powered by JazzHR
GovernmentView all jobs at Capital-East Region