Gambit Multimedia Sales Representative, New Orleans
Capital City Press New Orleans, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
Gambit is a New Orleans, Louisiana-based free alternative weekly newspaper that was established in 1981. Gambit features reporting about local politics, news, food and drink, arts, music, film, events, environmental issues and other topics, as well as listings. We are seeking a candidate for our Multimedia Sales Representative in New Orleans.
The Multimedia Sales Representative is responsible for generating revenue by soliciting and establishing new business as well as maintain and growing existing accounts. Generates revenue for all print, digital, special sections, event sales and sponsorships. Sales Representative is responsible for providing customer service, maintaining a minimum number of accounts, building customer loyalty and lasting relationships, and achieving goals.
A: Sales - New Business
- Solicits new business by cold calling on prospects and presenting information or setting up appointments.
- Determines the customer’s needs by asking appropriate questions during meetings, explaining all of our products and assisting the customer by providing the necessary products to fit their needs.
- Creates and presents advertising presentations and online packages with specs and statistical information to new clients.
B: Sales – Existing Business
- Maintains and grows revenue from existing account list by meeting with clients weekly or monthly to discuss upcoming schedule, special sections, etc.
- Presents new advertising ideas to clients (spec ads) and new ad programs, explaining how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Creates and presents advertising presentations and online packages with specs and statistical information to clients, with the goal of achieving account and revenue objectives.
- Provides customer service and problem solve by answering questions and/or providing information to them regarding any and all issues in a quick and timely manner.
- Manages client contracts and keeps clients abreast of their status, making sure contracts are renewed on time.
- Processes all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts: insertion orders, changes, kills and credits.
- Assists with layout of creative ads, turns in forms to creative services, proofs ads and makes appropriate corrections in a timely manner.
- Answers billing questions, receives credit applications, assures credit card information is processed, and collects checks.
- Checks all accounts, ensuring all billing is correct; writes changes or credits if needed.
- Answers telephone courteously and in accordance with company telephone policies and procedures. Returns phone calls to customers in a quick, timely and professional manner. Replies to emails in a professional manner.
D: Performs special projects and other duties as assigned by manager.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-5 years sales experience
- Advertising and Sales – knowledge of principles and methods for promoting and selling products and services. This includes sales techniques and marketing strategy and tactics.
- Thorough Knowledge of basic computer programs and applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good knowledge of customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills; talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to work with internal and external customers effectively
- Time Management – managing one’s own time and time of others
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to minimize errors with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense and combine pieces of information to form conclusions
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and promoting a diverse workforce while providing unique opportunities and career paths for our employees.
Capital City Press
AddressNew Orleans, LA
BusinessView all jobs at Capital City Press