Location: Goldsboro, NC
3HC is GROWING and we are looking for a caring, compassionate Registered Nurse to join our team!
3HC's Mission: To set and surpass Standards of Community based care to provide the right care, at the right place, at the right time throughout life's journey.
3HC's Vision: To enhance the lives of families in the communities we serve through innovative care delivered by an inspired team.
3HC's Core Values: Compassion provide genuine empathy, honesty, openness; Innovation create customer solutions through transformative initiatives; and Excellence maintain accountability to the highest standards through innovation.
3HC is the place to be! At 3HC we consider our employees to be a part of our family. We are committed to supporting the success of our employees and strive to show our appreciation for the value they bring to our company. We provide Home Health care, Hospice care, and Home care in 22 counties from the Triangle to the coast and have been in business for nearly 40 years. Serving over 10,000 patients each year, 3HC is proud to be recognized as one of the Top 100 providers in the nation!
WE ARE SEEKING:
Friday, Saturday, & Sunday (12hr shifts/9 points per day)
40hr/wk salary + mileage reimbursement + on-call compensation
On-call requirement 1 night per weekend
Registered Nurse currently licensed to practice nursing in the state of North Carolina.
Minimum of one-year experience as a professional nurse in an acute care setting.
Prefer a minimum of one year Home Health experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Creates positive experiences for internal and external customers that will meet their expectations. (External customers include our patients, families, referral sources, vendors, the community, etc. Internal
customers are the people within the agency with whom you work.) Displays a high degree of courtesy, tact, and knowledge of services provided by the agency in all contact with staff, patients, and visitors.
2. Manages assigned cases and assists office with achieving positive patient outcomes, strategic plan and budget: (a) provides skilled nursing care as outlined in the physician's plan of treatment, according to 3HC's policies and procedures and as allowed by the Practice Act of the N. C. State Board of Nursing; (b) observes and documents signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and other applicable personnel, reactions to treatments, including drugs and changes in the patient's physical or emotional condition and outcomes of intervention; (c) ensures
on-going evaluation of patient/family needs and response to care; (d) refers to other services as needed; (e) initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures, as appropriate, for the patient's care and safety; (f) educates, supervises, consults, and counsels the patient/family regarding the nursing care needs, other
related problems of the patient at home, the disease process, self-care techniques, and processes for dealing with issues of ethical concern: (g) Assures the development and implementation of the patient individualized plan of care and updates as needed.
3. Conducts a complete assessment of the patient to identify appropriate care needs: (a) obtains a medical history to include OASIS when needed, particularly as it relates to the present condition; (b) performs a physical assessment; (c) assesses the support system to determine what assistance will be available from family members and their ability to meet the patient's immediate needs upon changes throughout care; (d) assesses the patient, family member(s) and home situation to determine what health teaching will be required; (e) assess the patient's condition
and home situation to determine if other home health services are needed; (f) interprets nursing and other services of the agency to the patient and family as a part of planning for care; and, (g) plans for discharge from services.
4. Documents in the medical record electronically and downloads daily: (a) those services rendered to the patient; (b) conferences held with other disciplines, physician, or community resources; (c) changes noted in the patient's condition and/or family home situation; (d) revisions in the nursing care plan as needed; (e) evaluation of patient care and clinical and progress notes that demonstrate progress towards established goals. Download will include time and travel documentation. Responds within 48 hours to requests for documentation correction/completion.
Ensures that the physician is involved ongoing with the patient's care: (a) reports to the physician and other applicable personnel, reactions to treatments, including drugs, and change in the patient's physical or emotional condition and outcomes of intervention, and (b) consults with the attending physician concerning alterations of the plan of treatment and documents appropriate change of orders where necessary. Verifies that physician listed on order/plan of treatment will sign orders.
5. Completes OASIS at specific point in time, such as admission, resumption of care, recertification, etc. Provides regular supervision to the Licensed Practical Nurses and paraprofessionals who are providing services to the patient according to regulatory guidelines, CMS/Hospice guidelines. Ensures task assigned to the LPN: (a) are within the Nurse Practice Act, (b) Supervises LPN on every patient at least every 30 days. Ensures that care is provided by the nursing assistant: (a) provides the certified nursing assistant with a telephonic plan of care and specific duties to be performed (b) supervises and evaluates the care given at least every two weeks, and (c) participates in periodic conferences with supervisor concerning the certified nursing assistant's performance.
6. Ensures that 3HC can bill for services appropriately: (a) completes certifications and re-certifications within designated timeframes; and (b) keeps up-to-date on reimbursement criteria and documentation requirements for all patients under his/her care management, including preauthorization and re-authorization for insurance.
7. Responsible to provide specialized hospice training to other
staff, family members and informal caregivers to insure adequate care, (b) develops and implements the patient care plan in cooperation with other agency professional and paraprofessionals who will be providing care to the patient in McKesson (c) ensures complete documentation on an ongoing basis supporting hospice guidelines and COPs (d) provides regular supervision to Licensed Practical Nurses and paraprofessional who are providing services to the patient according to CMS/HOSPICE guidelines (e) turns in all paperwork to designated person in the office by 5:00pm on Monday and communicates laptop daily Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Makes verbal/written report of new admissions and ER visits to primary nurse Sunday night or Monday morning between 8am-9am (f) collaborates with supervisor to meet assigned productivity standard (g) works at least one weekend day when Christmas fall on a weekend
Benefits and Perks:
*RN Career Ladder
*Flexible Schedule Options
*Paid Leave for Vacations, Sick Days, and Holidays
*Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
*401k with profit sharing/discretionary matching
*Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
*Flexible Spending Accounts
*Paid Volunteer Time Off
To see all current employment opportunities, or to learn more about our organization and the services we offer, please check out our Facebook page or visit our website at www.3hc.org