Senior Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Capio Group is looking for a Senior Project Manager with advanced knowledge, skills, and experience in Project Planning, Approval, and Management.
Full-time employee - Sacramento
Since 2010, we have been working with some of the largest government agencies in California, helping them to solve their greatest challenges. We are a small firm dedicated to big ideas and enjoy the rewards that come from hard work and commitment to our client base. We offer the salary and benefits of the bigger companies with the added bonus of a flexible workplace and a great work-life balance.
Scope Of Work:
The Contractor shall work under the client’s direction and supplement client’s project approval, oversight, and management resources in fulfilling client’s IT Project planning and approval roles and responsibilities. The Project Manager may work on one (1) or more IT Projects at any given time during the Contract term and may be required to provide Independent Project Oversight Services as needed.
The Project Manager shall interact with and coordinate activities with other partners or government entities as necessary. However, the Project Manager shall be primarily responsible for providing Project Planning, Approval, and Management Services during the initiation and planning phases of various non-delegated IT Projects within the client’s IT Project Portfolios. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Provide Project Planning, Approval, and Management Services to large, complex non-delegated IT Projects in accordance with industry standards and best practices.
- Provide independent reviews, analyses, and assessments of IT Project planning activities and documentation (e.g., budget change proposals, cost estimations, and resource allocations) to ensure the Project will achieve its goals and objectives within its approved cost, schedule, and scope.
- Identify and evaluate the impacts of any risks and issues based on industry standards, best practices, and experience with the criteria for IT system design, development, and implementation projects.
- Evaluate and report on critical issues and risks affecting the Project’s objectives, focusing on the Project’s planning and project management methodologies, including, but not limited to, the client’s Project Planning, Approval, and Management process and PMI PMBOK knowledge areas.
- Ensure the deficiencies, issues, findings, and recommendations identified in the Project Planning, Approval, and Management process are incorporated into the appropriate project management processes (e.g., cost management, risk management, schedule management).
- If necessary, work with the client's PAO staff, the Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V) vendor, and team members assigned to the Project to ensure Project evaluations and Independent Oversight Project Report (IPOR) evaluations are accurate and complete. Oversight reporting must include follow-up information on the Project’s corrective/mitigation action and implementation of oversight recommendations. As the Project progresses, the review and assessment process also must track the disposition of the prior findings, recommendations, and identified deficiencies.
- Shall interact with and coordinate activities with other partners or government entities as necessary.
- Complete Assessments, Plans, and Reports.
At least ten years (10) years of full-time equivalent (FTE) experience in project management, of which three (3) years shall have been in a lead or management capacity (i.e., Project Manager, Manager, Director) on a completed or in-progress large-scale development and implementation project(s). A large-scale project is one with a budget of over $20M and impacts over 1,000 users.
Within the last five (5) years, at least three (3) years of experience with a full lifecycle implementation (e.g., requirements analysis, fit-gap analysis, security, testing, production) of a large-scale, highly complex project(s) leveraging Commercially of the Shelf (COTS), cloud services, or custom developed solutions.
Within the last five (5) years, at least two (2) years of direct experience with using Microsoft Project Server for schedule management.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent.
PMI PMP certification or equivalent.
Knowledge of State of California administrative and budget processes, departments, and operations, including experience with the State Administrative Manual (SAM) and Statewide Information Management Manual (SIMM) pertaining to IT projects.
At least three (3) years of experience with project cost estimation, project financial analysis, and project schedule development and reporting.
At least three (3) years of experience preparing clear, complete, and concise reports to represent and articulate the condition of a project.
At least three (3) years of experience planning and/or assessing large-scale ($20 million or more) full lifecycle project management and software development lifecycle activities.
At least two (2) years of experience planning projects leveraging iterative or agile development lifecycle methodologies.
At least two (2) years of experience performing Organizational Readiness and Independent Project Assessments.
At least two (2) years of experience reviewing deliverables and other project artifacts, assessing their quality, and providing feedback and recommendations to stakeholders.
At least two (2) years of experience planning a project’s quality assurance, quality control, and risk mitigation processes.
At least two (2) years of experience providing contract and/or vendor management services.
At least two (2) years of experience eliciting requirements and/or providing requirements analysis.
At least one (1) year of experience preparing project reviews after each major phase and/or upon completing a project.
Experience in planning and/or overseeing IT Projects for the State of California.
At Capio Group, our employees are our greatest asset and diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are. Our commitment to these values is unyielding and is central to our mission and to our impact. We know that having diverse perspectives helps to generate better ideas to solve the complex problems of our diverse clients and the communities they serve.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Capio Group