Capgemini has an exciting opportunity for a Scrum Master / Agile Development to join our team. As a member, you will drive end to end management of client engagements - detailed project plans, scope and budget definition, resource allocation, product delivery, and backlog.
Must have PSM Level 1 (Scrum Master) certification.
- Organize and facilitate project timeline with clients and team, including generating estimates for project complexity and duration.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to team members on project development and client management skills.
- Manage client relationship and expectations throughout project lifecycle.
- Communicate project status to all stakeholders (internal and external), work to resolve issues and problems, proactively identify project risks and make recommendations for resolution to ensure project success.
- Lead daily stand up meetings and drive delivery of backlog.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related area.
6 years of experience leading Agile projects or teams.
4 years of recent experience in a SCRUM MASTER role.
Previous experience interfacing with clients in consulting environment.
SCRUM, PMP, PMI, or other relevant certifications.
Experience managing or mentoring technical employees.
Deep exposure developing and creating project plans that display project milestones in accordance with Agile Methodology governance guidelines.
Advanced knowledge/experience with Microsoft Professional Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project, Visio and/or other project workflow tools.
Excellent presentation and communication skills.
Desired Skills - Agile Principles
- Use techniques that increase collaboration, predictability, transparency and promote a culture of experimentation and innovation.
- Embody the Agile principles and lead by example.
- Behavioral Skills - Must possess great interpersonal skills as they must be educator and coach.
- Educate team members at all levels, including seniors, and at times clients, on Agile principles, providing them with tools for implementing the process in their own work.
- Provide training sessions.
- Mentor Team.
- Guides team through methodology and provides team with feedback and means of improvement.
- Provide hands-on support to team members as necessary.
- Collaborate with team members and others across varying levels and roles.
- Years of general and relevance experience 6 - 8 Years
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
You assign, coordinate, and review work and activities of programming personnel. Collaborate with computer manufacturers and other users to develop new programming methods. Supervise, train, mentor junior level programmers in programming and program coding. Represent team in project meetings. Work with business and functional analysts, and software & solution architects in ensuring that programs and systems function as intended Supervise, mentor and manage large teams of programmers in one or more projects. Represent project teams in project/program meetings or in meetings with sponsor.
Qualifications: 6-8 years (2 years min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor's Degree.
Must have experience in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Organization: NA AS
Title: Scrum Master - Columbia, SC
Requisition ID: 045258