A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion (about $15.6 billion USD at 2018 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
- 15 years of experience in a leadership role at a financial services SI or major
- Proven expertise in data management to enable engagement as a thought leader relevant topics above
- 5 years of experience managing data engagements at Tier1 organization 20M
- 5 years of expertise in developing GTM strategies to support the growth objectives
- Strong network of partners in the data management space
- Proven track record of driving data management deals from inception to delivery in the 5M range
- People manager par excellence proven track record of building global teams that deliver customer value
Title: Data Management Strategist
Location: Charlotte, NC
- This is an opportunity to be a key part of Capgemini s Insights Data Banking Capital Markets Leadership team and effectively participate in and drive the next level of growth for this organization
- Banking Capital Markets is the fastest growing sector in our Insights Data group and we are looking to add individuals who can bring transformational leadership to our group
- We are looking for a Senior Data Engagement Delivery Manager with proven experience in delivering over 20 YoY growth with strategic tier 1 clients
- Candidate should have expertise in enhancing footprint at clients through a deep understanding of client s business objectives demonstrated thought leadership solution based selling and developing deep client intimacy
- Candidate should have the ability to map stakeholders understand business objectives and navigate organizational dynamics to position Capgemini effectively
- Candidate should have a proven track record of delivering large scale data programs and should come from a data management heritage
- Candidate should demonstrate deep understanding and pra