Store Manager Cheese Shop
Cape Island Foods Cape May, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cape Island Foods, a gourmet food retail company with multiple, successful concepts in the South Jersey region, is looking for an outstanding Store Manager ready to take the lead at our newest concept, Cape May Creamery Cheese Shop, a new cheese, charcuterie and gourmet foods store opening this May in the heart of Cape May, NJ.
This manager should be committed to helping build a great store team and culture ensuring customer and employee satisfaction while meeting sales and profitability goals.
The Store Manager will
- Develop and implement multiple business strategies including maximizing customer traffic, optimizing profitability and ensuring staff - customer satisfaction
- Meet sales goals by training, motivating, and mentoring the store team
- Set and execute on high performance standards while building a culture of collaboration and teamwork within the store
- Be well versed in the cheese world and maintain awareness of current, ever-changing trends in the specialty foods space
- Ensure the store delivers high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent service
- Maintain the store in a clean, safe, organized and visually appealing manner.
- Ensure merchandising standards are being met at all times
- Complete all necessary store administrative tasks
- Remain compliant with all policies and procedures
- Conduct personnel performance appraisals to assess training needs
- Address all issues from staff or customers (complaints, grievances etc)
- Store Manager duties include store scheduling, coverage of opening and closing, ordering, receiving, set-up and breakdown, store maintenance, cash control, management of product inventory, waste and returns, supervision and monitoring of POS, cash and registers.
- Additional duties as required for business/operational needs, including hiring, onboarding and training.
- Proven success as a Store Manager - minimum 8 years management experience in gourmet food/retail, grocery or similar role
- Strong leadership skills and business orientation - maintain strong working relationship with store team, suppliers and customers
- Great relationship / customer management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with health, food safety, cleanliness and sanitation procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule when necessary
- Must be able to meet physical demands of position
This full-time position offers a competitive salary package including limited matching IRA plan, PTO and employee store discount.
Cape Island Foods
AddressCape May, NJ
RetailView all jobs at Cape Island Foods