The Physician supports Eagle Health in providing the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) with a comprehensive, ready to operate, health and wellness services program for approximately 2,900 employees.
· Provide medical care, treatment, and counseling to NRC employees related to occupational injuries and illnesses.
· Provide telemedicine support for agency COVID-19 response requirements.
· Provide health and wellness services onsite or remotely as needed.
· Provide advice and assistance in developing emergency preparedness plans, including Pandemic Planning.
· Maintain confidentiality and completing health records of the services provided.
· Evaluate occupational exposures in areas such as noise and inhalation, contact, and ingestion of toxic materials and consulting with the NRC Occupational Safety and Health staff and Eagle Health staff on any such conditions.
· Provide coordination with and referrals to the EAP, as required.
· Evaluate employees seeking medical attention, including obtaining and evaluating medical history.
· Provide clear and definitive medical or psychiatric judgments pertaining to medical problems or work restrictions relating to the specific job of each employee.
· Order and review laboratory processing results and provide results to the employee.
· Appraise and report work environment health hazards brought to the physician's attention through any illness or injury presented that may have resulted from a hazardous or unhealthy condition in the building.
· Serve in a consultative role to help develop action plans to deal with newly identified work environment hazards
· Review treatments and medications prescribed by an employee’s personal physician.
· Clarify or interpret medical terminology and concepts appearing in documentation prepared by an employee’s private physician regarding the employee’s physical or mental fitness conditions that may impact the employee's performance or conduct.
· Clarifying or interpreting issues of medical fitness with respect to reasonable accommodation of an allegedly handicapping condition.
· Provide health counseling to individual employees, which includes, but not limited to, physical examinations, referrals from other health care providers such as personal physicians, and observations from supervisors or management personnel.
· Serve as an expert witness for the NRC in legal proceedings, providing testimony and deposition.
1. Degree: Shall be a graduate of an accredited American medical school
2. License: Licensed to practice in the State of Maryland
3. Certification: By the American Board of Internal Medicine, the American Board of Family Practice, the American Board of Occupational Medicine, or the American Board of Emergency Medicine
4. Other: Current and biannual certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
1. Shall have at least five (5) years’ experience in identifying and referring for treatment a broad range of addiction, dependency and behavioral disorders; and a detailed knowledge of Washington Metropolitan Area community treatment resources for patient referrals. At least five (5) years of experience of post-graduate clinical experience as a physician in an occupational health setting.
2. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
3. Sit or stand throughout a regular workday.
4. Able to work on computer for long periods.
5. Risk of exposure to blood and body fluids.
6. Ensures adherence to all company safety rules and SOPs in area of responsibility.
7. Rectifies unsafe actions and/or conditions immediately.
8. Participates in maintaining safe work environment by sharing and participating in all safety related meetings, training, etc.
All employees must adhere to the Cape Fox Corporation Ethics and Compliance policy and promote a culture that is conducive to Ethical conduct and compliance. Any suspicious activity or behavior must be reported to a manager, Ethics Officer of Cape Fox Corporation or Ethics Hotline: https://capefoxcorp.alertline.com
Cape Fox Shared Services
Why Work Here?Cape Fox is a growing Alaska Native Corporation. Our employees provide critical support to our military and other federal agencies. We understand that our talented and dedicated professionals are why our customers want to team with Cape Fox and its subsidiaries. In addition to a welcoming culture, positive work environment and rewarding opportunities, we offer great benefits and competitive compensation.
Fantastic opportunity to work for an incredible company, 401k with 100% match, day one ownership! Awesome leaders, culture, and team!