Cape Fox Facilities Services (CFFS) is seeking highly skilled candidates for Behavioral Health Technicians. Top Secret security clearance is required for consideration.
- Conduct or assist in treatment and rehabilitation of patients. Perform initial basic assessment procedures including standardized psychological testing, clinical interviewing, mental status examinations, substance abuse evaluations, and psychological and nursing assessment.
- Identify mental health and nursing diagnoses, and provide patient education.
- Observe, monitor, record, and report patient's progress.
- Conduct or assist in conducting group and individual counseling, therapeutic community, and other related milieu activities.
- Institute precautionary measures to prevent patient injury or suicide.
- Assist patients with nutritional, hygiene, and comfort measures.
- Obtain and record vital signs.
- Coordinate with other agencies regarding specified care, treatment, prevention, rehabilitation, and administrative functions.
- Contact military and community agencies to obtain collateral information
- Explain and interpret mental health services to patients or others.
- Assist in, or arrange patient referral to public, private, and military community agencies.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports pertaining to specialty services.
- Assist with care of individuals experiencing acute and post-traumatic stress reactions.
- Prepare and maintain treatment records.
- Contractor behavioral health technicians shall effectively communicate with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds, including enlisted personnel, officers, senior military and civilian leadership, spouses and other family members.
Degree: Certificate (Level 2) or Associate’s Degree
Education: Graduate from an accredited Psychiatric Technician Program; or completion of an equivalent education and experience that meets the requirement of the American Association of Psychiatric Technicians or completion of education.
- Two (2) years of experience as a Psychiatric Technician after graduation.
- Experience as a behavioral science specialist/technician in the United States military and proof of having completed an Armed Forces course involving psychiatric technician training or civilian course from an accredited school in the care of behavioral health patients.
- Basic Life Support (BLS): Possess and maintain current course completion documentation for BLS through an American Heart Association and/or Red Cross approved training program.
- Knowledge/Skills: Contractor behavioral health technicians shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with Government personnel and other health care providers
Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibit employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, or sexual orientation. Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates offer preference to Cape Fox Corporation shareholders, descendants and other Native Americans pursuant to Public Law 100-241.