Cape Fox Shared Services Columbia, SC
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, dental
Eagle Health is seeking Audiology Technicians to join our team in Columbia, SC.
- Schedule patients and perform hearing tests, otoscopy, earmold impressions, otoacoustic emissions (OAE) testing, complete periodic range and base camp surveys to ensure proper use of hearing protection and noise abatement strategies, and perform hearing safety briefings
- Conduct hearing tests in single or multi-person sound booths using DOEHRS-HC
- Use the automated system DOEHRS-HC Manager Module to maintain, compare and report hearing readiness, deployment and hearing conservation program data
- Use boothless audiometers operated using custom software on tablet-based PCs to conduct hearing tests outside the booth and transfer data to DOEHRS-HC
- Coordinate hearing conservation activities with Occupational Health personnel, Unit Hearing Conservation Officers, and supervisors. Perform surveillance of local hearing conservation programs. Coordinate coverage, inspect and complete final reports for the Army Hearing Program Manager
- Issue and fit active duty soldiers with appropriate hearing protection
- Coordinate the maintenance and calibration of DOEHRS-HC equipment and ensure that uploads to the DOEHRS-HC registry are backed-up daily
- Assist units in the preparation for command inspections. Perform annual unit level educational training for soldiers. Review after-action reports for shortfalls and non-compliance with regulations especially DA PAM 40-501, Army Hearing Conservation Program
- Ensure reporting database is being used to give commanders up to date information on unit readiness and compliance in incorporating data into Medical Protection System (MEDPROS)
- Be available to provide hearing conservation training and earplug fittings at various locations within their local site installation
- Associate's degree or bachelor's degree in audiology, communication disorders, speech-language pathology or another relevant field required
- Experience performing audiometric tests, fitting personnel with hearing protection, presenting hearing safety briefings, scheduling patients for exams, and training personnel on hearing conservation, required
- Experience using the Defense Occupational and Environmental Readiness System-Hearing Conservation (DOEHRS-HC) preferred
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience with Android-based tablet PCs and/or smartphones
- Must be organized, attentive to detail, and possess a positive, friendly and professional demeanor
- Knowledge of medical terminology, abbreviations, techniques and medical procedures
- Knowledge of how to prepare US Army correspondence preferred
- Ability to make group presentations using PowerPoint
- Ability to search and understand Army Regulations especially those pertaining to occupational safety and health and hearing conservation
- Sufficient initiative, interpersonal relationship skills and social sensitivity such that he/she can relate constructively to a variety of patients from diverse backgrounds
- Certificate of completion from an accredited program offered through the Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC) or completion of a certified course within four months after starting employment required
- Army/Tri-Service Hearing Technician Certification, preferred. Maintain a current American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification preferred
Cape Fox Shared ServicesWhy Work Here?
Fantastic opportunity to work for an incredible company, 401k with 100% match, day one ownership! Awesome leaders, culture, and team!
Cape Fox is a growing Alaska Native Corporation. Our employees provide critical support to our military and other federal agencies. We understand that our talented and dedicated professionals are why our customers want to team with Cape Fox and its subsidiaries. In addition to a welcoming culture, positive work environment and rewarding opportunities, we offer great benefits and competitive compensation.