Concentric Methods is seeking a Biologist to join our team in Bethesda, MD in support of the NIH.
- Perform a wide variety of procedures and techniques which may include but are not limited to mosquito dissection to obtain Plasmodium sporozoites, as well as sporozoite manipulation, in vitro functional assays involving Plasmodium sporozoites, molecular biology including molecular cloning and PCR, cell culture and recombinant protein production, and flow cytometry.
- Perform B cell screening and sequencing to identify new monoclonal antibodies targeting P. falciparum.
- Assist other staff with performing a wide variety of procedures and techniques, which may include, but are not limited to cell culture, clinical/diagnostic microbiology, DNA analysis, DNA isolation, DNA purification, DNA sequencing, flow cytometry, gene cloning, peptide synthesis, protein analysis, RNA isolation, qRT-PCR, and other experiments as required by the Unit.
- Provide upkeep and routine maintenance for project, maintaining laboratory supplies and equipment including chemicals, biological materials, etc., required to handle biological materials, recombinant protein materials, acids, biological wastes, etc., maintaining workbench and equipment related to projects. Catalog and label laboratory samples and consumables. Liaise with vendors as needed.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments and their results and prepare the information resulting from these experiments for presentations at laboratory-wide meetings and for publication.
- Write and maintain reports of findings, stating methods and procedures, including any modifications employed, specimens and materials involved, and results of experiments. Assist the Investigator with the reports and discuss the results of each experiment with the Investigator as part of the planning process for subsequent studies.
Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries, and affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibit employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, or sexual orientation. Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries, and affiliates offer preference to Cape Fox Corporation shareholders, descendants, and other Native Americans pursuant to Public Law 100-241.
0 - 10%
- Masters in a related field, with a major molecular biology or immunology component.
- Minimum of two (2) years laboratory experience is required.
- Experience with malaria research is required.
- Experience with mosquito dissection to obtain Plasmodium sporozoites, as well as handling of sporozoites in vitro is required.
NIH - Bethesda, MD - Rockville, MD 20892 US (Primary)
Cape Fox CorporationBethesda, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.