Registered Nurse (RN)-Per Diem-Day Shift-Medical Surgical-Med Surge
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CAPE FEAR VALLEY HEALTH SYSTEM
POSITION TITLE: REGISTERED NURSE
JOB SUMMARY: Plans and implements professional nursing care for patients in accordance with hospital policies. Assumes charge nurse responsibilities as assigned.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Responsible to: Patient Care Manager
Positions directly supervised: LPN, NA, US, MT, other RNs
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
The following is a summary of the major essential functions of this job. The incumbent may perform other duties, both major and minor, that are not mentioned below; and specific functions may change from time to time.
1. Assesses the patient and identifies patient care needs.
2. Uses patient assessment information to organize appropriate patient care.
3. Plans, organizes, implements, and evaluates patient care.
4. Facilitates a safe environment.
5. Maintains required competencies.
6. Functions as charge nurse as assigned.
7. Maintains an accurate and relevant record of patient care.
8. Administers medication as ordered by a physician.
9. Recognizes life-threatening situations and responds appropriately.
10. Establishes collaborative interdisciplinary relationships with other Health System staff and medical staff.
11. Monitors the quality of care based on pre-established outcome-oriented indicators.
12. Actively participates in cost containment and assists in accurate charging for patient services.
13. Adjusts care based upon age-specific physiological and psychosocial needs of patients.
14. Supports patients in the practice of their cultural and spiritual beliefs within limits of medical regimen.
The following qualifications, or equivalents, are the minimum requirements necessary to perform the essential functions of this job:
Education and Formal Training:
- Current licensure in North Carolina as a Registered Nurse or Compact state licensure.
- 1-2 years of experience preferred.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills. Verbal and written skills required.
- Demonstrates effective organizational and leadership skills.
- Is knowledgeable of the age-specific physiological, psychosocial, developmental, and spiritual needs of the patients typically served.
- Speech and auditory acuity for communication of patient needs.
- Visual acuity for observation of patients.
- Much standing, walking, bending, and lifting.
- Position may involve skin, eye, mucous membrane, or parenteral contact with blood or other potentially infectious material.
About Cape Fear Valley Health System
For exceptional healthcare come to Cape Fear Valley Health System -- where caring employees are committed to integrity, patient-centeredness, and excellence throughout the entire healthcare process. At Cape Fear Valley Health System, our goal is to improve the quality of every life we touch. To achieve that, our Fayetteville doctors, surgeons, and staff are committed to excellence in every aspect of the healthcare process. Our values of patient-centeredness, integrity, innovation, teamwork, diversity, and accountability help us create a better experience for every patient, every time. At Cape Fear Valley, our employees and physicians proudly serve a seven-county region of southeastern North Carolina, including Fayetteville, Fort Bragg, Hope Mills, Raeford, Lumberton, Elizabethtown, Clinton, Lillington, Dunn, and beyond. Our medical facilities include Cape Fear Valley Medical Center, Highsmith-Rainey Specialty Hospital, Cape Fear Valley Rehabilitation Center, Behavioral Health Care, Bladen County Hospital, Hoke Hospital, Central Harnett Hospital, Betsy Johnson Hospital, as well as several medical offices and specialty clinics spread throughout the Cape Fear region. Our newest clinic is the Stephen A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Cape Fear Valley. It offers comprehensive mental healthcare, at no or low cost, to area veterans and their families coping with the invisible wounds of war.
To apply please email your CV/resume to Chante at email@example.com
Cape Fear Valley Health
HealthcareView all jobs at Cape Fear Valley Health