Provide general internal medicine services for patients admitted to the Hospitalist service
- Perform admission evaluation or admit and manage patients at the request of Cape Cod Hospital primary care, ED or Hospitalist physicians. Provide general internal medicine consultative services and treatment for patients in the emergency room that have already been evaluated by an emergency room physician.
- Coordinate care with appropriate specialty physicians.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of clinical work performed and timely completion of billing encounter sheets.
- Maintain all necessary certifications and CCH medical staff appointment as an allied health provider.
- Collaborate closely with the attending hospitalist physician. The mid-levels scope of practice can never exceed the scope of practice of the immediate physician supervisor.
- Ability to work well under pressure, be patient-focused, work independently, and know when and how to ask for help.
- Maintain professional, cordial and productive working relationships with medical, nursing and ancillary staff.
- Communicate effectively and participate actively on the health care team.
- Comply with CCH Medical Staff Bylaws policies, and Rules and Regulations pertaining to physician extenders, CCH Human Resources policies, and CCH Corporate Compliance Policies.
Consistently provides service excellence to all patients, family members, visitors, volunteers and co-workers in a manner that reflects Cape Cod Hospitals commitment to CARES: compassion, accountability, respect, excellence and service.
CurrentMass licensure as an NP
NPtraining and certification
Twoyears experience as NP caring for adult medical patients
US DEA and Massachusetts ControlledSubstance DEA Registrations are required for prescribing practitioners.