Manufacturing Engineer Position Summary
This is a full-time position that would be manufacturing and operations centric. We are looking for someone to lead the effort to automate Capacitech's manufacturing line in Orlando, supervise the manufacturing line, train operators, coordinate activities, design improvements, and work with vendors. The role includes a significant degree of design engineering, attention to detail, problem solving, coordination, and supervising others. The ideal candidate will have a passion for learning, enjoys teaching others, pays attention to detail, and has a technical background.
Essential Job Function
· Overseeing and running CBC manufacturing line
· Training others how to use the manufacturing equipment
· Quality assurance, testing capacitors, and recording test results
· Tracking, organizing, and coordinating inventory for company activities, data collected in the manufacturing process, and materials used in manufacturing.
· Identifying bottlenecks, designing solutions, and coordinating with company executives as well as relevant partners.
· Working with contractors and partners to achieve company milestones
· Special projects such as: identifying new applications, business development activities, publishing case studies, building technology demonstrations, and/or launching pilots.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline
· Minimum of 3-5 years related experience in manufacturing or assembly processes
· Working knowledge of manufacturing / mechanical processes and equipment
· Experience designing, operating, troubleshooting, or maintaining complex production machinery is desirable
· Knowledge of computer or PLC based machine control systems is desirable
· CAD experience (SolidWorks, AutoCAD) is desirable
· Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma theory and practices is desirable
· Strong skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new systems and tools quickly
· Good mechanical / technical skills
· Prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Is a self-starter with excellent leadership & teamwork abilities, and organizational skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills