Customer Service Representative - Client Support
CapTel, Inc. Madison, WI
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Simply put, CapTel, Inc. is in the business of helping people. We provide captioned telephones with live captions to assist people with hearing loss, a service that has transformed the lives of thousands of people nationwide. If you want to help provide support to our customers using this life-changing service, while enjoying a flexible schedule, great benefits, and a "feel good" job, check us out. You'll be glad you did!
Positions are full-time, first or second shift, 40 hours per week. We offer a starting hourly wage of $18.00/hour with a $1.00/hour shift premium for weekend hours (Saturdays and Sundays) and a $1.50/hour shift premium for evening hours (7:00 PM – 11:00 PM). Absent undue hardship, CapTel, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for religious beliefs and individuals with disabilities. Our Customer Service Call Center operates seven days per week between the hours of 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM.
NOTE: These positions will be performed remotely.
Job Summary: Responsible for providing quality customer service/technical support to individuals using or interested in the CapTel captioned telephone products and service.
Essential Job Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and demonstrate the stated requirements. Job duties may change as different needs are determined.
- Provide direct service support to customers verbally and in writing on a daily basis via email, fax, mail and phone by answering questions that may arise regarding the CapTel products and captioning service.
- Provide education, troubleshooting and any necessary follow up to customers regarding questions received and report findings to appropriate staff.
- Provide technical assistance to help with remote set-up of CapTel technology with equipment used in a home or office networking environment such as modems, routers, switches, wireless equipment, and power-line network adapters.
- Document all contacts from customers in the Customer Service Database and other established reporting formats creating customer case documentation. Collaborate on case management with the appropriate management personnel.
- Document patterns and trends identified during troubleshooting and bring this detail to your supervisor’s attention.
- Provide input on development of consumer support materials that aid in orientation and continued use of CapTel products and service.
- Conduct monthly follow-ups with customer contacts to gauge customer satisfaction and confirm resolution.
Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent required, secondary education desired. Study in Communications, Technology, Sociology, Social Work, English/Literature, hearing loss, and similar people helping fields is helpful, but not required.
- Knowledge about different types of phone services available, as well as familiarity with basic home networking is preferred, but not required.
- Strong oral and written skills to communicate with customers via mail/email, fax, Live Chat and phone by voice/CapTel. The majority of contacts are by phone, but there is a lot of writing for case entry and correspondence with customers.
- Ability to troubleshoot and explain the set-up and use of CapTel technology once trained on the product. Aptitude and willingness to learn and support new technology is required.
- Ability to work with varying individuals objectively with a calm, relaxed demeanor and make judgment calls and decisions on-the-spot.
- Good typing skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and email use is required.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple ongoing projects at the same time in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to follow-through on all daily tasks in a timely manner.
- Must possess a strong work history of punctuality and good attendance.
- Strong accuracy to detail/data entry for case management and documentation purposes.
- Desire to assist individuals with hearing loss/individuals with disabilities and the technology they use.
- Spanish language fluency desired, but not required.
Job Location: CapTel Customer Service, Madison, WI (448 Science Drive)
All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital/veteran/student status, physical appearance, sexual orientation, political beliefs, religion, genetic information, gender identity, a less than honorable discharge from the military, etc. and any other status protected by federal, state or local law and regulations.
CapTel, Inc.Why Work Here?
Changing Lives! CapTel employees empower people with hearing loss to re-connect with the world.
Simply put, CapTel is in the business of helping people. We provide live captions for telephone calls to assist people with hearing loss, a service that has transformed the lives of thousands of people. If you want to help provide this life-changing service, while enjoying a flexible schedule, great benefits, lots of opportunities for advancement, and a "feel good" job, check us out. You'll be glad you did!
448 Science DriveMadison, WI