- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Basic Function: Under the direct or remote supervision of the Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician assists with day-to-day activities in the pharmacy. This position will also be required to work with providers and other Canyonlands’ staff to assist in the provision of quality primary medical services.
1. Provide customer service to patients dropping off or picking up prescription orders.
2. Enters and processes prescription orders into the computer and consults with pharmacist as needed.
3. Retrieve, count, and setup orders to support the work of the pharmacist.
4. Creates a profile of the patient’s health and insurance information in the computer system and updates patient profiles as needed.
5. Answers and effectively responds to phone calls.
6. Assists the pharmacist and other medical staff, under direct or remote supervision, in the practice of pharmacy in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations and Agency policy and protocols.
7. Communicates with insurance carriers to obtain payment for prescription claims and trouble-shoots insurance coverage issues to ensure resolution.
8. Receives inventory, stocks shelves, rotates stock, and verifies all associated documentation. Prepares pharmacy inventory, orders medications and other supplies as needed. Conducts end of month inventory, removes and disposes of any expired stock per Agency policy/protocol/procedures.
9. Communicates with medical staff to obtain refill authorization and refers patient for appointment as necessary.
10. Operates cash drawer at point of sale.
11. Closely follows all policies and procedures pertaining to operating a 340b pharmacy.
12. Help with record keeping requirements of the pharmacy.
13. Communicates and works closely with pharmacist to provide safe, efficient, and accurate care to all patients.
14. Complies with CHC Standards of Conduct, Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance.
15. Assists in training new employees.
16. Performs back office duties as described in the Medical Assistant or Certified Nursing Assistant job descriptions as training and qualifications permit.
17. Front office duties as required or assigned.
18. May travel to provide coverage in other sites or to participate in training programs or continuing education.
19. Understands role in Disaster Plan and that safety is a condition of employment.
20. Follows CHC’s policies and procedures.
21. Serves on various CHC and community committees as required/requested.
22. Attends meetings, seminars, and conferences as appropriate to ensure skills and knowledge remains current.
23. Other duties as assigned.Requirements:
1. Ability to perform each essential function duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
2. Certification as a Pharmacy Technician. Must maintain the certification throughout employment with Canyonlands while performing in the role of Pharmacy Technician.
3. High school diploma or equivalent.
4. If performing telepharmacy operations, previous experience in the role of a Pharmacy Technician in an outpatient setting.
5. Extensive knowledge of medication brand and generic names.
6. Solid knowledge of medical terminology demonstrated by completion of secondary educational courses or significant on the job training. Proficient in calculations as pertaining to medication dosages.
7. Knowledge of insurance contracts including private, Medicare, AHCCCS, and sliding fee as related to coverage of medications.
8. Possess a valid driver’s license.
9. Ability to read, write and speak clearly understandable English.
10. Good interpersonal and human relations skills are required. Must possess skills to empathize and care for a variety of patients, including low-income and diverse cultures and treat everyone (internal and external customers) with respect and dignity.
11.Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times in all situations and follow the laws and intent of the most current HIPAA laws and regulations and Canyonlands’ security and privacy policies.
12.Above average computer skills to operate and/or learn Agency’s current EMR/EHR system and medication ordering/tracking systems.
13.Ability to be physically active for long periods of time to ensure patient care and safety and have the ability to work well under pressure and present self in calm, caring, and professional manner.
- Two or more years’ experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
- In any location outside the Navajo Reservation, bilingual (English/Spanish/Navajo) language skills preferred.
- Extensive working knowledge of the NextGen EMR system. Liberty computer software, and knowledge of Microsoft programs with the ability to effectively communicate using Outlook.
Canyonlands Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please contact HR at 928.645.9675 ext 5508. Applications are required and are available online at www.canyonlandschc.org/ Resumes may be attached to the application but will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. Successful completion of a background check and drug screen are a prerequisite to employment. Applications are accepted until position is filled.
Canyonlands Community Health Care
2016 W. 16th St.Safford, AZ
Get fresh Remote Pharmacy Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.