The MTB Marketing Brand Specialist is a mountain bike cultural expert. He or She is tasked with assisting in the development of and tactical execution of Canyon’s strategic mountain bike plan. Collaborating with events, digital, and global mountain bike marketing teams, the MTB Marketing Brand Specialist is an anthropological story teller that is able to dissect market trends and translate them into innovative, original content for use in social media, advertising, website, and events. The MTB Marketing Brand Specialist supports Canyon’s market share growth in the mountain bike category through their management of athletes, written and visual content, media relationships, and social communications.
Summary of Role and Responsibilities
· Support the development and implementation of the mountain bike marketing plan strategies and tactics, both long term and short term, to help achieve business goals & objectives.
· Work with relevant internal stakeholders and external agency partners to create high impact campaigns. Assist in implementing integrated marketing initiatives across all marketing and media channels.
· Develop a strong sports marketing portfolio of category relevant athletes, influencers, and ambassadors. Activate Canyon’s sports marketing portfolio through the organization of content, events, and social participation.
· Manage Canyon’s contractual deliverables to sports marketing partners including product, technical support, and monetary.
· Ensure brand compliance and authenticity of voice in all communications across both paid and earned channels.
· Organize and produce a high-frequency, category relevant content stream based on needs defined by current business objectives and the long-term strategic plan.
· Directly manage the mountain bike voice on all social channels including Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, and the Canyon website.
· Assist product management and sales with mountain bike market research and analysis. Leverage analytical insights to help executive team inform current and future business goals.
· Support national and global product launches through aggregation or creation of launch critical content including brand and technical content.
· Collaborate with external agency to inform and support media outreach efforts with the goal of maintaining and building the positive sentiment enjoyed by Canyon, its bicycles, and athletes.
· Develop close relationship and collaboration with colleagues from Digital Marketing, Product, PR, Events, and various global Canyon entities.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· 3-5 Years in a similar role preferred.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field.
· Must have strong technical knowledge of mountain bikes.
· Excellent mountain bike skills.
· Excellent grammar, writing, copy-editing and communication skills, including the ability to adapt writing style to appeal to different audiences and adhere to established brand voices.
· Experience managing campaigns across multiple channels
· Competence in photography and/or videography.
· An understanding of the content creation process including budgeting, story boarding, production, and editing.
· Strong collaboration skills to work with interdepartmental disciplines.
· Demonstrable project management experience and skills.
· Expertise in digital communications including web, email, social media, mobile – and more.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Work is performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Position requires up to 30% of travel both domestically and internationally. Passport is required for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel the computer; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.