We are looking for a compassionate and enthusiastic Director of Nursing to join our Home Health team. Our nursing team embraces an upbeat attitude and a constant drive to learn and grow. We require our nurses to consistently relate positively with patients and their families. We work together to provide the best possible service and pride ourselves on quality patient care.
You must be polished, articulate, and be able to represent with LOYALTY, HONESTY, AND INTEGRITY. We are looking for someone that looks to be a solution to the whole team. You must have unique management style that encourage your staff to do more for their patients, their team members, and for the purpose of HOME HEALTH. The director of nursing has attention for detail, leads by example and supports and encourages the team. The DON is required to make patient visits as needed and to assist in evaluations for admission.
The DON is responsible for the overall supervision and direction of health care services. The DON shares responsibilities with the Administrator for the Agency's overall compliance with State and Federal guidelines and standards of nursing practice.
· Must be a registered nurse with public health or home health
· Must have at least three years of home health experience obtained within the last 36 months
· Physical Qualifications:
· Must be able to speak and hear in a manner understood by most persons
· Must be able to travel to patients place of residence
· Must be able to lift and transfer patients, using proper body mechanics
· Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervise and direct all clinical services
· Promote, review and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of patient care practices
· Revise nursing care plan for appropriateness and application of physician's plan of care
· Review on going evaluation of performance of home health care personnel
· Coordinate individual cases to needed disciplines
· Will process and conduct orientation
· Assists in audits by local, state and federal government
· Participate in all quality improvement activities, as required
· Maintain high visibility and availability while in the office and whenever representing the agency
We offer generous Paid Time Off plan for our full-time employees. We also offer highly competitive compensation rates plus health, dental and vision insurance, life
Canyon Home Care & Hospice is an equal opportunity employer Female/Veteran/Disabled/Minority
Canyon Home Care & Hospice, LLC
Why Work Here?
Great benefits and room for growth!