IT Field Service Technician
Cantey Technology Consulting, Columbia, SC
- Expired: July 17, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our company helps our clients with IT sothey can focus on running their business, law firm, school, or medicalpractice. We also do schools and contracting work for large organizations. Bigpicture- We do all sorts of things from designing networks to providing ongoingmaintenance; we are the company that our clients call for everything from basicpc support to hosted solutions to network management. Some clients want to pushthe envelope with new technologies, and some want to keep costs to a minimum.
In this role, we are onsite almost 100%of the time and in this case for one client in Columbia. Wetypically work around 45 hours per week although sometimes we work longer andlater. (In IT support, things can go crazy and we have to work late sometimes.)Our office support hours are 8AM until 6PM. I would be lying if I said thosewere cushy hours playing World of Warcraft or Candy Crush. That's not our day-we are busting it to help our clients and move on to the next problem. We are on call after hours for aboutone week every three months. On-call is no fun but on-call comes with the job
We have amazing benefits for an organization our size aswell: excellent compensation, paid time off, 401K match, phone/home internetallowance, sabbatical, bereavement, and the list goes on and on.
- Outstanding client-facing communicationsand troubleshooting skills
- Detail orientation and the discipline to doproper documentation and keep track of billable time. (This is reallyimportant. Again, this is really important.)
- Able to handle a high-pressure environment
- Able to operate standard office equipmentand own a car which will be used to get you to and from place to place.
- 2 or more years experience with MicrosoftWindows 10 and Apple OS
- Basic networking experience (DHCP, TC/IP,Tracert etc..)
- Experience with setup and configuration,of Office365
- Experience with supporting iPad and otherIOS devices
- Experience supporting and repairing laptops. Dell laptops a plus.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires theability to sit for long periods of time, occasionally stooping, crawling, andreaching. May be required to lift up to 60 pounds. Requires normal range ofvision and hearing.
Certifications a plus: Network +, Security+, A+.
A couple of other things: You must provide your owntransportation and smartphone. Must be fun to work with. Must understand humor.If you've applied before, I've got your resume and will give you a call if it'sa potential fit. If, after reading all of this, you are still awake andinterested, please fill out all of the details on the right-hand side.
Cantey Technology Consulting,
EngineeringView all jobs at Cantey Technology Consulting,