The Business Development Specialist is responsible for generating and managing leads in primary referral hospitals (sites to be determined per corporate market strategy) and, ensuring a smooth discharge process for patients/residents transitioning from a hospital setting to a CSC home. This position will develop and maintain strong relationships with the key referral hospital personnel and identify new opportunities to increase market presence and advance growth.
- Current and valid New Mexico RN or LVN license preferred
- Minimum of two years sales and marketing experience in a healthcare setting
- Strong clinical assessment skills
- Thorough understanding of the Long Term Care market and referral sources including acute care markets
- Proven history of achieving or exceeding established census goals
- Working experience with an insurance company, private case management company, or HMO preferred.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to travel in various forms of transportation
- Meet or exceed the quality mix goals for the assigned community
- Schedule and execute a minimum of 5 sales calls per week with new referral sources
- Conduct daily rounds in assigned hospitals to identify new patients/residents in need of post acute services
- Perform clinical assessment on patients/residents to evaluate care needs prior to admission
- Utilize the Automatic Admission Process for generation of new admissions into communities
- Communicate all necessary information to Community Relations Coordinator at the respective Cantex community and coordinate patient/resident admission to ensure a smooth transition
- Obtain accurate information from physician, patient/resident and referral source regarding the expected discharge plan and communicate this information to the interdisciplinary team
- Update Business Development Log daily to reflect sales activity
- Prepare Business Development Specialist Summary Log weekly for submission
- Facilitate strategic physician relationships and assist in the development of physician advisory boards
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with referral hospital personnel
- Responsible for assuring patient/resident safety.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume for consideration or apply in person.
Cedar Ridge Inn
800 Saguaro Trail
Farmington, NM 87401
Tel: (505) 598-6000
We are an Equal opportunity employer; We offer an excellent benefit plan to include 401K with match, CEU reimbursement, vacation, sick, holidays, medical, dental, and supplemental insurance Plans as well as a Highly competitive compensation package.