Lead PostgreSQL DBA
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Lead PostgreSQL DBA
Help the world buy it and go
Cantaloupe is a FinTech company that is constantly evolving the way companies across the globe manage, optimize, and automate the critical decisions made on a daily basis. We are committed to helping businesses grow smarter, better, and faster than ever before. Our vision is to ultimately help the world buy it and go.
This position is responsible for managing and maintaining all databases in the Company to meet defined SLAs. This role will lead a team of database administrators on Azure and AWS, and ensure that data is consistently available, accessible, optimized, backed up, monitored, and secure. This position will be responsible for database tasks such as schema design, performance tuning, capacity planning, upgrades, patching, and change control activities. This position also entails all activities associated with the management and operations of lower database environments and working closely with developers, system administrators, and quality engineers to ensure system availability, continuity, data integrity, and performance of production databases.
- Reengineer and optimize Microsoft SQL Server databases on Azure
- Tune PostgreSQL and MSSQL databases on AWS and Azure to reduce cost.
- Support all activities associated with PostgreSQL and MSSQLL databases.
- Support the production environment by proactively managing the performance, integrity, and security of all applications' databases and database servers.
- Set up, monitor, and maintain disaster recovery solutions for production databases.
- Design, create and maintain highly available and secure database instances.
- Create databases and database objects such as tables, indexes, views, triggers, and stored procedures to support the Applications.
- Create ad-hoc reports at management and business requests and perform data analysis.
- Assist in the management of the hardware and software as related to the operations of the databases, including system development, maintenance, and recommendations for purchases of new hardware and software.
- Perform under limited supervision, maintain the reliability of data and databases, and assist in developing and implementing standards for database maintenance and configuration.
- Responsible for synchronizing and migrating data and database objects between development, quality assurance, and production environments.
- Mentor and provide support to developers in best practices for database design, programming, and tuning.
- Responsible for database administration including database system architecture, configuration, database creation, security, performance tuning and monitoring, backup and recoveries, database replication, failover strategies, data partitioning, and scripting.
- Conversant with AWS RDS, Aurora, and Microsoft SQL Servers.
- May write PL/SQL code to load, migrate, summarize, and analyze data in support of application developers and other business objectives.
- Consult with developers to optimize query performance and provide best practices.
- Prepare/review implementation plans for major code pushes on production systems.
- Document all changes, upgrades, maintenance, and procedures following controls.
- Analyze products and recommend them to senior management.
- Participate in an on-call rotation that provides 24x7x365 support of critical systems.
- Plan growth and changes (Capacity planning) on servers and databases
- Work closely with other team members for effective IT operations and business continuity
- Prepare a data archiving and retention policy
- Minimum of 10 years Postgres DBA experience in an enterprise environment
- Minimum of 3 years leading role in Database Administration
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or comparable education and experience
- Strong SQL background and demonstrable ability to optimize complex SQL queries
- Experience with Unix or Linux, and Cloud Infrastructure
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL, RDS, Aurora, Parameter groups, Azure, AWS, Microsoft SQL Server, CloudWatch, and Oracle
- Experience in the card processing industry and understanding of financial systems
- Ability to handle frequent change and remain composed in stressful situations
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure and High Availability solutions
Why choose Cantaloupe:
We offer competitive benefits not just limited to compensation but also offer:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits coverage, plus additional benefits (Life Assistance Program, Financial Wellness, and Nutritional Counseling)
- 401(K) with employer match effective upon the first day of employment
- 18 days PTO + (9) Observed Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.