- Expired: June 02, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Canopy is searching for two Project Managers to lead client engagement and project development. One position will focus primarily on conservation-focused projects (e.g. reforestation, riparian buffers, windbreaks, prairie restorations). The second position will focus primarily on production-focused projects with tree crops (e.g. small fruits, nuts, alley cropping, silvopasture). The ideal candidate will be ready to work in a fast-paced, startup environment and is fluent with the tools and systems of agroecological project development. Occasional travel throughout Illinois and Southern Wisconsin will be required.
- Hours: Work weeks generally run from Monday to Friday, but will occasionally shift into weekends if required to support the field crew. Daily start/end times will be set seasonally to coordinate cooperation with the field crew.
- Location: This position will be based at our IL hub at 2801 Gemini Ct. Champaign, IL 61822. However, working from home up to 2 days per week may be possible.
- Start Date: July 5, 2022, or as soon as possible thereafter
- Application Deadline: Priority will be given to candidates who submit applications by June 18, 2022.
- Respond to email and phone inquiries
- Coordinate farmer & landowner outreach
- Develop relationships with institutional partners
- Build client relationships by understanding their needs and objectives
- Design projects to fulfill client goals, meet USDA/DNR specifications, and match appropriate equipment
- Meet on site with prospective clients & conduct site assessments
- Select suitable species based on site climate and soil characteristics
- Facilitate project cost-share process with USDA on behalf of clients
- Forge relationships with USDA & DNR officials across the state
- Develop bids for projects on state land
- Grow technical knowledge via professional development
- Update the CRM database daily
- Streamline and automate the client engagement process
- Represent Canopy at industry events
- Join the field crew during tree planting season
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Experience with agroecological project development and management
- Familiarity with conventional row-crop agriculture
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following:
- Forestry & conservation
- Riparian buffers & windbreaks
- Commercial fruit & nut production
- Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Excel
- CRM software
- GIS software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work independently with strong self-direction
- Commitment to participating in an open and collaborative environment
- Associates degree or at least 3 years related work experience
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Familiarity with USDA cost-share programs
- Ability and eagerness to work in the field occasionally during the high season
- Preference for candidates willing to grow with the company
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Health insurance offered via a QSEHRA reimbursement plan. Full-time employees are eligible for stock options in the company. Further details on benefits are available upon request.
Diversity Commitment - Canopy Farm Management affirms the value of staff and stakeholder diversity, and aims to foster inclusive environments and equitable outcomes of our work. We seek individuals who are committed to these goals.
Equal Employment Opportunity - Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law.
Canopy Farm Management
ConstructionView all jobs at Canopy Farm Management