- Posted: over a month ago
This role is part of the Finance team and will be focused in supporting the US insurance business, both carrier and MGA, for GAAP/IFRS and Statutory reporting. The Finance Manager will be responsible for the day to day activities of the team, overseeing month-end and quarter close for both GAAP/IFRS and STAT, development and training of team members and projects as applicable.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee financial month-end close and ensure timely submissions to the UK parent (Group)
- Provide guidance on accounting treatment
- Review and approve journal entries
- Review reconciliations
- Assign and oversee projects to the team, as applicable
- Manage Quarterly and Annual Statutory Reporting
- Responsible for managing core accounting functions, AP/AR, Treasury, and Accounting.
- Oversee operations for the finance team, set goal and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Supervise, develop, and train existing team members
- Analyze current Balance Sheet, clean-up, and management
- Propose and develop accounting policies and procedures
- Assist in overseeing the annual audit
- Liase with Tax consultants and assist in managing the relationship
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Accounting, CPA is desirable
- P&C Insurance experience preferred
- 3+ years of management experience
- 8+ years’ in an accounting/finance roles with progressive levels of responsibility
- Experience with statutory reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages to an intermediate level for Excel is a must.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of GAAP and Statutory reporting
- Experience with Ceded/Assumed Reinsurance is desirable
- Process improvement mind-set – prior experience managing and driving process change and efficiency will be critical for success
Canopius is a global specialty lines (re)insurer. We are one of the leading insurers in the Lloyd’s of London insurance market with offices in the UK, US, Singapore, Australia and Bermuda.
At Canopius we foster a distinctive, positive culture which enables us to bring our whole selves to work to flourish as people, and build a business which delivers profitable, sustainable results.
Canopius operates a flexible, hybrid working model and is committed to providing an environment that challenges employees to be their best and where everyone's unique contributions are recognised, valued and respected.
We offer all employees a comprehensive benefits package that focuses on their whole wellbeing. Canopius’ market-leading proposition offers financial, physical, social and psychological health and wellbeing benefits to ensure we create a working experience which gives everyone the freedom to do their best work.
We are fully committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants and providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are made regardless of age, sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, religion or beliefs, marital or caring status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage and welcome applicants from all diverse backgrounds.
We make reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process and during employment. Please let us know if you require any information in an alternate format or any other reasonable adjustments.
Canopius US Insurance Inc
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?