Silicon Alliances Business Development Lead - Americas
- Posted: over a month ago
Ubuntu is the fastest growing enterprise Linux, the leading platform for public cloud computing, and the engineer's favorite way to drive the future.
Our goal is to help the enterprise embrace open source from end to end, across every class of compute and every class of application, starting with the linux kernel itself, to infrastructure solutions like OpenStack and Kubernetes, all the way up to data, security, analytics and serverless capabilities.
The Silicon Alliances Team works with the leading semiconductor companies to combine open source adoption with innovative optimizations to get the most from each new chip. With our semiconductor partners, we develop joint product roadmaps, drive delivery, formulate go-to-market plans and conceptualize new business models, enabling differentiated hardware and robust product life-cycle support while still anchored to best-in-class Ubuntu. The end goal is a frictionless experience to deploy, maintain, and develop on any hardware from cloud to edge.
The successful candidate is someone who is passionate about both technology and business development with a unique blend of wide ranging skills. If you are someone who can effortlessly switch your analytical and strategic thinking hats, to find creative solutions and can be comfortable doing technical deep dives with engineering, this challenging role is for you.
- Represent Canonical, its solutions and software to partners.
- Develop a deep understanding of silicon partner strategies, technologies and roadmaps and identify overlap with Canonical's current and future products.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, product, marketing and sales teams to facilitate new business, leading definition of joint products, solutions and complex programs relying heavily on your communicating and influencing skills.
- Ensure that robust project plans are created, tracked, and executed.
- Develop joint Go To Market strategy and campaigns with silicon partners, manage market messaging, collateral and launch plans across products.
- Negotiate successful contracts.
Required Skills and experience:
- B.A / B.S / B.E degree in science, technology and/or engineering.
- Fundamental understanding of the semiconductor industry and ecosystem.
- Experience in software and system architecture is preferred.
- Experience with open source software and open source business models is preferred.
- Team leadership or program management experience is preferred.
- Customer-facing experience in business development, technology strategy or similar functions.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to grasp complex material and synthesize key points.
- Ability to think and work at both strategic and tactical levels
- Disciplined and self motivated for a remote-first workplace environment.
What Canonical Offers:
- Competitive package
- Well known and respected brand name
- Learning and development
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.
Canonical - Jobs
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?