Americas Channel Account Manager
Canonical is the publisher of Ubuntu, the world's leading operating system for container, cloud and hyperscale computing. Ubuntu is the operating system of choice for most public cloud linux workloads as well as the emerging categories of smart gateways, self-driving cars and advanced robots. Canonical provides enterprise security, support, and services to commercial users of Ubuntu.
Canonical is growing its Channel Sales team to capitalize on rapidly growing demand from channel partners, leveraging their expertise and connections to bring open source technology to organizations across a multitude of industries.
At Canonical, the Partner Account Manager role reports to the Director, Global Channel Sales and requires a mix of both farming and hunting capabilities. The successful candidate will be responsible for achieving assigned annual growth quotas.
They should be able to identify, prospect, and engage reseller and distributor partners to build and maintain relationships and grow Canonical's business within the assigned territory.
The successful candidate must be comfortable owning and leading initiatives in an unstructured, startup-like environment. This individual must be able to sell open source, cloud, virtualization, and technical software solutions.
Although the role is focused primarily on reseller and distributor channel partners, the successful candidate must be capable of and comfortable with initial customer discovery calls and presentations as appropriate.Key responsibilities:
- Develop and execute channel strategy for distributors and resellers within the assigned territory
- Increase awareness of Canonical as a lead player in Open Source and Cloud (Private, Hybrid, Multi, and Public models)
- Identify and recruit new potential partners in assigned territory
- Leverage personal network and prospecting skills to engage new partners and build on Canonical's already-successful relationships
- Guide partners through onboarding and enablement
- Develop mutually beneficial go-to-market plans and commitments with partners
- Arrange and execute sales and pre sales trainings to these resellers
- Drive and manage channel pipeline through recurring partner interactions
- Support partner's satisfaction and act as trusted advisor and point of contact
- Maintain a regularity/frequency of contact with priority resellers and distributors.
- Bachelor's level degree, preferably in a technology field
- Experience in software or technology sales from the specified market
- Fluency in English
- An understanding of open source, Linux and Ubuntu
- A self starter with a proven track record of achieving sales targets
- Detail oriented with strong follow-up skills
- Effective negotiating skills with ability to close sales
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Productive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation
- Mature approach to long-term relationship development with customers
- The ability to represent the company at external events
- Start-up experience would be an advantage
Your base pay will depend on various factors including your geographical location, level of experience, knowledge and skills. In addition to the benefits above, certain roles are also eligible for additional benefits and rewards including annual bonuses and sales incentives based on revenue or utilisation. Our compensation philosophy is to ensure equity right across our global workforce.
In addition to a competitive base pay, we provide all team members with additional benefits, which reflect our values and ideals. Please note that additional benefits may apply depending on the work location and, for more information on these, please ask your Talent Partner.
- Fully remote working environment - we've been working remotely since 2004!
- Personal learning and development budget of 2,000USD per annum
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual holiday leave
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunity to travel to new locations to meet colleagues at 'sprints'
- Priority Pass for travel and travel upgrades for long haul company events
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity, we will give your application fair consideration.
Canonical - JobsWichita, KS
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.