- The Collector works in the Collections and Recovery Operations environment and has more advanced experience with multiple products and stages of delinquency, including recovery.
- This role can work in any stage of delinquency and it can work in multiple stages of delinquency or across multiple product types.
- They work in environments requiring advanced collections and recovery problem solving, negotiations, and coaching skills.
- They conduct special research and other project assignments as needed.
- Primary responsibilities are collections, customer service, and other loss mitigation and recovery activities.
- Contacts delinquent, charged-off, or high-risk customers in order to secure payment and determine reason for delinquency on active loan/credit card accounts.
- In the recovery area, collectors will work with customer to establish full balance repayment plans or settlements.
- Works an established list of accounts on an automated collections system and/or auto-dialer.
- The Collector has greater coaching experience as well as greater administrative responsibilities and account maintenance responsibilities.
- They understand regulatory and compliance requirements that apply to Collections and are able to work within these guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer Service focus
- Ability to understand and discuss personal and financial difficulties
- Ability to recommend and negotiate payment arrangements
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong computer skills
- NO TIME OFF WITHIN THE FIRST 90 DAYS
Pay rate: $ 17 an hour
Hours approximately: 2nd Shift; Monday – Friday; 1:00 PM – 10:00 PM with rotating Saturdays and one day off during week when working Saturday (Saturday rotations occur every 2nd or 3rd Saturday; mostly so 2 Saturdays per month are worked)
Location: Newark, DE