Our people make the difference. We believe in our employees and give them daily opportunities to grow as professionals and make their mark on the business. Each person brings unique skills to his or her role, and with employees around the globe, we have a diverse workforce that we-and our clients-deeply value.
We're looking for people with a wide range of work experiences and skills, as well as those pursuing a career in managed business process services for the first time. We welcome people from diverse backgrounds who want to work hard and who take pride in what they do.
As an employee, you'll have a rewarding and enriching work environment. You will be encouraged to innovate. Your coworkers will respect and value your opinions. Each day, you will have the opportunity to make an impact on a globally recognized company. At Canon, you'll have more than just a job with competitive pay and benefits-you will have a long and rewarding career.
Canon Business Process Services, Inc. offers a comprehensive portfolio of managed services and technology across information and document management, business process outsourcing<https://cbps.canon.com/managed-services/business-process-outsourcing>; and managed workforce services. The company helps clients improve operational business performance while reducing costs and risk. Named a Global Outsourcing 100 Leader in 2018 by IAOP for the twelfth year; Canon Business Process Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc. Learn more at cbps.canon.com<https://cbps.canon.com/>; and follow us on Twitter @CanonBPO.
Under general supervision, is responsible for picking, packing and shipping of all inbound and outbound shipments along with the duties associated with shipment preparation. The incumbent prepares bills of lading for freight carriers, assists in loading trucks and obtains signatures on shipments. Responsible for counting & recording material to ensure accuracy of shipment and receipt; performs related duties as required
- Assemble orders and prepare goods for shipment.
- Record shipment data, including weight, charges, and space availability.
- Receive and unpack materials and supplies.
- Report damages and discrepancies to request reimbursement or re-shipment.
- Maintain logs of all shipments outgoing and incoming.
- Prepare monthly production and volume reports in order to measure productivity and prepare billing charges.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Fills requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes accordingly.
- Posts weights and shipping charges and affixes postage.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- 5 years + experience working in a shipping/receiving or professional office environment.
- Advanced knowledge & application of domestic and international shipping carriers, customs, duties and shipping regulations as well as internal tools used (e.g., scanning equipment, hot-synching of scanners, internal database tracking system, dollies and carts
- Excellent customer service, professional attitude and appearance are a must.
- Ability to work overtime & meet deadlines.
- Physical activity required including bending, reaching, lifting and prolonged periods of sitting or standing
- May lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
What We Offer:
Competitive pay & benefits!
Comprehensive training and development programs that prepare employees to advance from within.
A company focused on creating a positive work and client environment.
Employee discounts on entertainment, products, and services nationwide!
Come Join Our Team!