CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant based in our New York, NY office. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position will provide administrative support to the New York office.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Greet clients, potential clients, vendors, applicants, employees and guests.
- Answer multi-line phone, transfer calls, take messages when requested.
- Make travel arrangements when requested.
- Assist with expense reports for officers and staff.
- Prepare and receive and distribute mail and arrange courier services.
- Maintain records such as phone list, conference room calendars, and logs for video or other office equipment.
- Assist with meeting preparations, including arranging and setting up refreshments, conference room clean up, and restaurant reservations.
- Provide general administrative support to the office as requested.
- Help maintain cleanliness of common areas; kitchen, lunchroom, conference rooms, print rooms.
- Maintain and order office supplies.
- Maintain building access card process.
- Maintain a neat and orderly front desk environment.
- Uphold a professional appearance and positive attitude.
- Perform additional duties as assigned responsibilities as needed.
- Business school certificate or Associates degree required.
- Minimum of 7 years of related office experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Architectural, engineering, and construction office experience preferred.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That's why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us - and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women's Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We're about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we're ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice's evolution - a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.
City: New York, NY
Title: Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
Job ID: NYCAAIII719
Market: Not Applicable