Construction Entry Level Drafter
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cannon Companies is looking for qualified applicants to join our team as an entry level Drafter. Our Drafters work closely with Project Managers to develop a plan for each job. Our company is striving to offer more to our customers from engineering, designing, planning and implementation of a project. Our drafters are instrumental in supporting these goals.
- Have completed an accredited Associate's Degree program for drafting
- Prefer 1-year of CAD experience, but education could pass for experience
- Knowledge utilizing AutoCAD 2016 or later
- Proficient on computers and comfortable navigating server directories
- Be willing to learn
- Have a positive attitude and be highly motivated
- Possess excellent analytical skills and ability to problem solve
- Be organized and have a strong attention to detail
- Have a current valid Driver's License
- Be able to pass a pre-employment Drug Screening and Criminal Background Check
- Assist design/engineering team in project support from initial concept, through final construction drawings.
- Create and prepare survey documents
- Create design and Traffic Control Plans for permit submittals
- As-Builting work of finished product
- Perform all duties according to prescribed safety procedures and use appropriate safety equipment
- Telecom knowledge and/or certifications are a HUGE plus
- Ability to read and understand complex prints for fiber slicing and equipment installations
- Understanding basic civil engineering requirements and standards
- Registered Traffic Control Supervisor (for reviewing and stamping of TCP)
Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license.
Must have 2 valid forms of ID, we use E-verify to check your right to work in the US.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
We are a family company and offer company events throughout the year. Such as our Cannon Summer Picnic, Annual Kick Off Event and our Fall Food Drive. We promote from within whenever possible and believe we are only as strong as our team! Cannon Companies offers a full and robust benefits package for employees the first of the month following 60 days of employment. These benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, company paid long term disability and life insurance with the opportunity for employees to purchase additional coverage through payroll deductions. Paid Time Off accrued weekly.
Cannon Companies provides copper and fiber inside/outside plant data networks for corporations and government agencies around the world. Cannon is a proven leader in the industry because of our commitment to Safety, Quality, Integrity, and Teamwork. These core values are the foundation for every project and have become the cornerstones that guide our company. We offer the latest technology furnished by certified installers and technicians who provide the very best service available. Cannon is located at 406 Porter Way, Milton, WA 98354.
Please do not call regarding this position. Cannon Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cannon Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Upon job offer all Cannon Companies employees complete a drug screen and criminal background check. Cannon Companies is required to participate in the federal government's E-Verify program and confirms employment eligibility upon commencement of employment.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
ManufacturingView all jobs at Cannon Construction