Our client, a rapidly-growing vertically integrated company in the cannabis industry, is seeking an experienced Vice President of Finance for their San Diego North County office.
The Vice President of Finance is an operationally focused leader with responsibility and accountability over all direct and indirect financial activities. They will manage the Accounting and IT teams and be responsible for all facets of accounting, ensuring that accurate and timely accounting information is delivered.
This position will manage monthly accounting close, corporate taxes, compliance reporting, improve processes and procedures. The ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment is a must.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support month-end, quarter-end, and year-end accounting and tax processes
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliant operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve reporting and company efficiency
- Anticipating and evaluating business needs to make sure that financial organization and systems appropriately support the company's growth
- Create and manage budgeting tools to analyze budget-to actual/variance reporting, financial planning and analysis, and cost savings analysis
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Analyze income statement (volumes, margins, variances, semi-variable costs, fixed costs, SG&A, etc.) and inventory transactions to identify issues, report on performance and drive continuous improvement
- Analyze manufacturing cost variances, ensure proper valuation of inventories
- Maintain and restructure Chart of Accounts as needed
- Experience with establishing standard costing
- Analyze potential Mergers and Acquisitions
- Manage the Finance Department accounting team by setting expectations and supporting professional development
- Managing IT staff
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Be a financial business partner to foster continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Interacting with venture capital partners and board of directors.
- Experience in Fundraising
- Managing cash flow.
- Implement cost efficiencies while still driving quality of service
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting and a minimum of four years relevant experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Proven experience creating and managing financial reporting procedures required
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of Finance Accounting experience, preferably within a manufacturing, retail and/or start-up environment and management experience
- CPA or CMA certification preferred
- Knowledge and experience with ERP Systems, Microsoft Dynamics 365 a plus
Compensation: $150k Plus Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Ind-123