Regional Business Development Manager
CannabizTeam Santa Rosa, CA
- Posted: 23 days ago
Our client, a top Cannabis Nursery in the state of California, is seeking a new Regional Manager Business Development to cover their Northern California clients. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding for the life cycle of a cannabis plant and will have practical cannabis cultivation knowledge along with strong sales experience. This is a great opportunity for a cultivator who is looking to move into a sales or business development role.
- Identify and establish new areas of growth and additional revenue opportunities while exploiting the existing opportunities. This includes continuing the conversion of existing beta customers to recurring revenue and developing new opportunities in those customers.
- Optimize sales prospects through analysis of customer needs and development of new revenue opportunities.
- Work closely with the Director of Customer Success to educate the market on the next generation of cannabis genetics and benefits of tissue culture.
- Consistently meet and exceed sales objectives while building a reputation for innovative sales strategies and techniques.
- Utilize pipeline tools and tracking systems that increase daily/monthly/annual revenue targets while also allowing for effective forecasting and KPI tracking. We are looking for predictive, problem solving sales experts that can translate numbers to action.
- Oversee and be responsible for the client relationship from developing cold leads, beginning pitch phase to well after the sales close to make sure everything in the process flows smoothly and the client is satisfied.
- Measure and increase the sales close rate by optimizing the selling process and providing input to guidelines, training, and education programs.
- Use CRM system as reporting tools to measure key metrics in real-time for providing monthly, quarterly, and annual trends. This includes reports for key initiatives, category and industry progress, field productivity, and customer analysis.
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to develop sales materials and tools to maximize sales team success.
- Work with the Customer Success team to reliably anticipate and understand market trends, customer issues and needs, and competitive moves to serve as a foundation.
- Be visible and available for customers and partners and be a viable force at conferences and other industry/social events.
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively to ensure Operations, Marketing, Customer Success, Engineering, Product and Business Operations are aligned to support business development goals. Work with the executive team as requested to respond to the needs of the business.
Education and Required Skills:
- 5+ years of progressive experience focused on sales, business development, and strategy (cannabis experience a plus)
- Demonstrated, verifiable track record of consistently exceeding revenue and earnings expectations at scale.
- Must bring sales experience; this role is about consulting with customers, understanding their businesses, and leveraging that relationship and analysis to close deals.
- Experience in sales process design and optimization – pipeline development, strategy development, lead generation, prospect generation, and follow-up strategies.
- Experience addressing common objections, industry trends, and the development needs of the sales team; must be a strong mentor capable of getting the most out of your teams.
- Experience driving the adoption of an emerging platform (e.g. SaaS); enterprise experience is a strong plus.
- Personality profile to fit into high-growth, entrepreneurial culture that requires teamwork and significant interaction with employees at all levels.
- Data and metrics driven with experience analyzing markets and trends, anticipating and identifying opportunities, and developing insight at a strategic level.
Compensation: $75,000-$80,000 base salary, plus Generous Commissions and Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100
AddressSanta Rosa, CA
BusinessView all jobs at CannabizTeam