Extraction Lab Lead
CannabizTeam Freeport, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client, a vertically integrated multistate operator in the Cannabis Industry, is seeking an Extraction Lab Lead to lead their Extraction Team for their top site in Northern IL. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the facility's overall extraction process and day-to-day production following established protocol and regulations and will lead the extraction lab team through the activities required to manufacture, store, maintain equipment and materials necessary to run a world-class cannabis extraction lab.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the extraction (butane, propane, ethanol & solventless) facility under direction of the manager
- Maintain and clean all lab equipment as required
- Develop and maintain SOP documents, and follow mandatory safety regulations
- Direct extraction and winterization process in accordance with state and local standards
- Maintain records of all raw materials, finished products, and by-product in seed-to-sale tracking system
- Innovate new procedures and formulations for new products
- Research current trends and techniques in extraction technology and products
- Follow Policies & Procedures for the daily operations
- Fully comply with state medical marijuana regulations
- Maintain safety equipment and records
- Maintain strict inventory records; including all extracted oil; plant material, extraction solvents (ethanol), chemicals, and equipment.
- Perform clerical work as it pertains to extraction lab activities
- Understand regulations/changes to regulations (local and state level)
- Perform QA/QC through analytical testing for quality, consistency and efficacy
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned
Required Education and Skills:
- Associate's degree in Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or related sciences preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience in extraction processes in a lab that adheres to strict health and safety policies and procedures – must be in a cannabis environment
- Must have experience with winterization process.
- Previous responsibility for the all extraction production activities, both operations and analysis.
- Speed and precision with equipment and attention to detail
- General knowledge of weights and measurement
- Ability to multi-task and maintain work consistency on a daily basis
- High attention to detail, with strong written and verbal communication
Compensation: 65,000-75,000 plus bonus and benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
HealthcareView all jobs at CannabizTeam