CannabizTeam Show Low, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
A leading Cannabis Testing Laboratory based in Northern Arizona is seeking an Analytical Chemist for their facility in Arizona.
The Analytical Chemist will work closely with the Chief Science Officer to execute cannabis products sample testing and analysis. The focus is testing cannabis samples for pesticides and potency, which involves extensive testing knowledge and experience using LCMS and HPLC equipment.
The ideal candidate has experience with Agilent equipment and software, method validation, along with previous experience in an ISO 17025 environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cannabis sample analytical testing for potency and pesticides in a high volume lab
- Document results and quality control procedures and enter data in LIMS
- Perform calibrations and routine maintenance of analytical instrumentation
- Assists in maintaining/developing SOPs and documentation required for compliance
- Assists in maintaining the laboratory for ISO accreditation standards, GLP and future audits
- Maintains clean and safe work environment by maintaining aseptic methods and protocols; following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Ability to communicate with Scientists, Analysts, and other personnel
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations.
- Develop new methods not currently online at the laboratory and write standard operating procedures for them in conjunction with state regulations
- Follow strict Quality Assurance operations according to state regulations
- BS in Analytical Chemistry or related discipline, 3-5+ years experience in similar fields and techniques may exempt from degree
- Strong LC and/or HPLC instrumentation experience with operation and maintenance
- Hands on experience with Agilent equipment a plus
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to formulate and clearly communicate ideas, both verbally and in writing
- Experience ordering supplies and maintain the proper laboratory functions
Compensation: $60-75K Plus Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200
AddressShow Low, AZ
ScienceView all jobs at CannabizTeam